Please... With all due respect to Mr jallow, there is no tribalism especially in cabinet... The most powerful ministries are headed by other tribes... And remember the secretary generals.... Who do u guys keep on pounding here..the restaurant manager from atl.... When did ousman jammeh step in?... Didn't we have mariama, eo camara... Didn't we have bala Gaye at finance for centuries, Bamba saho at cbg, grey Johnson at foreign affairs, tangara etc... You guys need to stop this crap and tell your opposition leaders to come together... You know very well that no darbo no hamat can win jammeh... Why in the world the opposition fail to come together, next we will hear some of you blame the professor for that too

On Nov 14, 2011 4:55 PM, "Y Jallow" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Uncle Mathew,

Thanks for your mild response. I was expecting a much harder blow than the one you sent.

In any way, you are bigger than you think you are with a wider readership base. While being appreciative of your activism and contributions, i wanted to plainly share with you that the generalization in one lump sum of the Jolas and the people of Foni scare me a lot, because the Jolas and Foninkas suffered the most under jammeh. I doubt the 7% magic number you are using is factually accurate. You are right you did mention some fula names. I think that was done purposely to defend your position incase there is a critic of your piece lurking in the background. I totally share some of your sentiments. I think you are always doing a good job until the point that you start the kinds of debates that turn people off. You mentioned only a few names in an effort to convince people that indeed it is the percentage of the Jolas on the throne. I seriously differ in opinion. I wish you would have mentioned Waa Juwara, Ganji Touray, your former NRP mobilizer Mambarick njie, Rambo, Yankuba Touray, Kaaba bajo,  and the many others currently dinning with the terror regime. For goodness sake, a more fulas, mandinkas, Wollofs, manjagoes are on the top seats of power. I don't doubt of jammeh's trabalistic mind, or just his rotten and crooked head, but the lumping of the Jolas around jammeh's crime is worrying. I have seen others make similar debates pinning things on the people of Foni when in actual reality the people of Foni and the Jolas suffered most under jammeh's rule. For example, you asked  where is landing Sanneh, lang Tombong, Tumbul tamba, Musa bulluf jammeh, and the many others. It is not that these people were right in any way by their association with jammeh, but jammeh didn't spare them as well.

May I take this opportunity to apologise for my harsh stance on this. Please be rest assured that those harming our people are just Gambians. It is true that jammeh is loaded with all the fetishes, tribal nonsense, and terror...but it doesn't mean all the Jolas are with him. Jammeh's surrounding is full of Gambians of all tribes.  As a regular reader to your articles I hope you take my feedback in good faith. I am speaking from the receiving end of things. The tone in that article, and some of the other views you are continually pounding us with doesn't really hold.

I hope you are not misunderstanding Demba's stand on this. Demba is saying that we cannot equate ourselves with jammeh, because two wrongs will never make a right. As an elder, an aspiring politician, an educated person of your level, and man that commands so much readership, I hope you will always ask the question --what will the younger ones/Gambains/Africans or even the world benefit from what I am writing. Please turn off the tone in your articles a little.

Anyway, thanks for your time to respond. I am resting my case on this.

Always, yero

There is no god but Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger. Fear and Worship only Allah alone!

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:05:40 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Tribal Politics: Is that what Africa Needs?
To: [log in to unmask]

Yero as Sarjo and Demba pointed out, I am just reporting what is happening. I am not making it up. Look at the list of top regime civil servants; all of them Jolas and ask yourself if that is right. I think your concern is addressed to the wrong person. Yahya Jammeh is the culprit here; not me. I am very close to the Jolas; matter of fact they call me alkalo of Nema Jola-kunda for the inordinate amount of time I spent among the Jolas there, sometimes sleeping at my Jola friend's home.
Also if you read what I wrote I made exceptions because I know not all Jolas are culprits here. I also included Njie saidy, Nete Baldeh, Salleu Jallow and Waa Juwara as jammeh's emablers and facilitators. Yes I recognize many Fulas and Mandinkas are equally guilty, but all that does not change the fact Jolas in high administrative positions are more than the combine total of all the other tribes. If you have 7% of population controlling 75 % of the jobs, that statistical imbalance cannot be excused, cannot be swept under the rug and cannot be ignored. What I am doing is not more dangerous than what Yahya Jammeh has done. Some people may decide to not report it, but it is not in my makeup to do the same. If a Fula did it I would be equally as forthright with my criticism.