Joe,

The emergence of Bethio and the madness that ensues with his perceived
divineness is a clear indictment of our retrogression. I do however, know
that the real marabouts who understand the true words and deeds of great
men like Cheikh Bamba are disgusted by this lunatics antics.  Bamba and
others have in their writings and in the way they lived showed modesty,
humility, intellect as well as caring for the poor and needy.  Bamba spoke
truth to the power.  During his time Bamba chided the excesses of the
then rulers some of whom were drunk with power.  He stood against the
French as well and did what he could to resist colonialism.  Bamba
encouraged work and admonished Mourides that their salvation lies in hard
work and prayers.  Fraud merchants such as Cheikh Bethio, who use their
association with the family of Borom Touba for personal gains will not
last.  The family of Cheikh Salieu Mbake have been very angry and their
spokeperson did make a statement about Bethio's nonsensical utterings.

However, the election of Macky Sall is the beginning of the demystification
of frauds like Bethio.  *The Ndiguel *will regain its proper context.  *Mam
Bamba's *only *Ndiguel*  to those who followed him was  to *work, study,
pray and fear God.  Fearing God meant to be good to your fellow human
beings and avoid evil.  *
**
 Thiopet is indeed a disciple and he was seen at a meeting last week at
the Place d'Obelisk mouthing a lot of rubbish against the opposition
especially *Y'EN A MARRE movement. *

I believe a new political awakening has taken place in Senegal.  Citizens
of this nation-state are on the right track to realise their full
potential.  As Talibe just alluded, chalatants like Bethio are on their way
out.  Bethio is now a figure of caricature just as Abdoulie Wade is.

*Maane dineeng ko poooch paaach, aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh Baahnaa.  *
**
Mboge
**
**