This whole Bain issue is the Obama campaign's attempt at baiting Mitt to release his taxes. Willard showed the McCain campaign 23 years worth of returns when he was vetted for the VP slot in 2008. At that time, the cunning robot had no idea that his financial circumstances as indicated in his returns were anything but the factual evidence of his extreme wealth.  When they apparently proved to be toxic to McCain's folks (and there's an interesting bit on this over at TPM - link), he learned that he couldn't ever release them again if he was to have any shot at getting what he wanted, i.e, the presidency. So, I don't think it's so much "who's entitled to see them", as it is Romney's craven ambition to do whatever or say whatever he needs to, to try and get elected. And that means he won't take the bait of releasing his taxes if he can ride the news cycle with minimal backlash...except in this case the incumbent is framing the issue for the fall. It is going to be an interesting campaign session: the political junky's ecstasy..

From: Haruna <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [G_L] Mitty Mitt's troubles: Catching up with him.

You hit the nail squarely on its head Al. The Citizens United (CU) ruling is the greatest criminal act ever to be committed by conservative justices of the supreme court. With time, I intend to share why this is. It is not sound law or jurisprudence, nor was it even necessary for the supreme court to waste taxpayer funds to consider. They should have just taken it into advisement sine die. But the idiots couldn't help themselves if their peace of mind depended on it.

Haruna. Ky don't even think about it.