From: Pa. Saikou Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 6 December 2012, 18:19
Subject: Re: [G_L] Character Assassination and Interesting Times.

Hon LJD,

I couldn't agree more with you on Drs. Janneh, Jobe, and Buba Baldeh. I wish I was living in UK so I can register for your class. As you may know I was also a victim of the Brikama Mosque crisis involving the late Imam Touray, which landed me in a tiny dirty cell of Brikama police Station for six solid days without bail or access to an Attorney. A prolonged three months and half trial on charges of "insulting the President" ended up with an "Acquit and Discharged" verdict delivered by the presiding Magistrate, Sowe. You may not know, but you were cheered and revered by all people of faith who saw you as a defender of truth and justice, when you set the Imam and his co-defendants free. Your predecessor, "Yucassy Darboe" a coward as he was, intimidated by the AFPRC/APRC/ machinery and thugs(the July 22nd Movement) refused to dismiss the case, let alone deliver such a powerful and shocking verdict to the Jammeh regime. It was clearly a witch hunt orchestrated by the deliberate demolition of a portion of the Brikama Central Mosque's fence. Yucassy deliberately dragged the case longer than necessary. In defense of the Imam's decision to leave Yaya Jammeh's meeting at the State House to go lead the Friday prayers in his Brikama central Mosque, got me to defending myself in a fist fight against one Lamin Bojang, a native of Jamburr village, and a half brother to Major. Momodou Bojang, who, as you may recall was the then Minister of the Interior. I left Kanifing Estate in the early hours of that morning--- on or about may 18 or 20 1998? to attend a community Forest Committee meeting scheduled at 08:00 AM in my native village of Kafuta. By 7:45 or 50 I was testing the length of my arms agaist this AFPRC/APRC---- July 22nd thug, who as a matter of fact was also a senior Forestry Officer. After we were separated, he quickly jumped into his car a sped away to the Brikama police station to complain that I was INSULTING THE PRESIDENT. Four cops were dispatched for my arrest. By 10:00 AM I was already standing in an over crowded and stingiest cell under that roof. No food was ever served to me by the police in all six days of my stay in the cells.  So as a JD student, I find sense and understanding in your writings than in my live-class sessions. I understand the Law better when you lay it down. For me, justice was well served in both my case and in the case of the late Imam, in terms terminating the persecutions. nonetheless, I also think that until these perpetrators of such inhumane and malicious behaviors are brought before a competent court of law to answer some sort of charges (may be economic lost to the state for wasting the courts' time and resources), the justice served can only be considered a half-justice. I know one could argue that these cases were accorded a due process, and therefore the plaintiffs have no case to answer. To that I say, I will never forgive them until they face the post-Jammeh Truth and Reconciliation Committee and openly apologize the Gambian people for their treacherous deeds. With Dr. Janneh, the more I read new revelations about him, the more become more disappointed with him. Dr. Sidat Jobe, I am well aware of his comments regarding Ousainou Darboe in the aftermath of the July 22 Movement's ambush on Lawyer Darboe's motorcade in URD, which resulted in the unfortunate death of one Alieu Njie. Under the direct command of the late Baba Jobe, the night ambush was an attempt on Ousainou's life and other UDP top brass and militants in the entourage. Dr. Jobe, an opportunist as he is, knew that more than anyone. His remarks were outrageous then, and they are even today. For him I say--Go To Hell.

"Inning Baara Baakeh---Nna Keebaa"

Respect, always.
.

Pa. Saikou Kujabi.