To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [>-<] No LJD, I am not going to DKR
From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:30:49 -0500

LJD, thanks for accepting my apologies for getting my facts mixed up.  I am fallible, after all.  I was just wondering how you arrived at the conclusion that my loyalties are with the two Doctors.    My position has not changed from two years ago.  I have still to see an acceptable candidate from the current field.  But if I had to chose from the current field I may lean toward Mai Fatty for the following reasons:

1.  He represents a fresh face
2. He communicates his positions effectively
3.  He engages the international community

My reservations of Mai are : He has not elaborated sufficiently enough his economic policies ( fiscal and monetary included).  His foreign relations seems to have a sub-regional slant but I would like to see more of his positions regarding Senegal which, in my view, must be the center piece of any viable Gambian foreign policy.   I'd like to see more of his domestic policy elaborated on. I must admit that I have not delve into the GMC manifesto where some of these concerns may have been addressed.

No LJD, I am not going to Dakar.   I have not received any formal invitation, and if I did receive one, I'd politely turn it down because I have not been sufficiently convinced of the purpose and objectives of the meeting.   Have you seen the agenda of the meeting?  I have not.

A. Koroma