Demba,

I wish I could have more time on this topic. Am happy that you are llooking at it. Here we go all over the news and even pres Obama,who most likely either lack some knowledge of history or being only hypocritical,telling us how great this devil was. I swear if she was an African we would have heard another story. They can tell us Nkrumah was a dictator and all of us  without even being force to believe it will do so. She was forced out of power by her own party,she promoted the Apartheid regime and called the ANC a terrorist organisation,she committed war crimes in Argentina,dine with military dictators and she will  be given the most honourable goodbye. All Africans should be saying the same thing as I was saying yesterday,may her soul rest in hell.

For Freedom
Saiks

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 00:23:35 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [G_L] Death of Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher & Her Legacy in African Affairs???
To: [log in to unmask]

Folks, by now all have heard of the death of the former British Prime Minister well known as the Iron lady. The legacy of the Iron Lady who made history in Britain has been written and well documented. while many conservatives in the US celebrated her life as a true conservative and ally of Reagan she was also known to take positions that are very liberal positions in American politics but can be seen as the combination of social and conservative ideologies in the UK.

The questions I wanted to ask for our historians to help us out were:

1. How should the Iron Lady be remembered in Africa?
2. What was her contribution and role in Apartheid South Africa (she once called ANC members terrorists??? but some praised her)
3. What was her position in the democratization and or turmoil in Africa?
4. What was her stand towards immigration and immigrants in the UK, Racism etc?
5. Did she play any role in strengthening dictators in Africa such as Edi Amin? Qaddafi, etc?

Any take from anyone is greatly appreciated especially to the young ones who may want to learn more about Mrs Thatcher...

Thanks in advance..

Demba

--
"Be the change you want to see in the World"
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい