Nice Poem!

http://www.maafanta.com/jainababahodetoimambabaleigh

Ode To Imam Baba Leigh
by Jainaba Bah

I celebrate your release
I celebrate your life
I celebrate your defiance
You, who have choosen to stand up for the truth
Even when it meant standing alone
Unrelenting
Imam Mukhtarr Baba Leigh

You, the firebrand Imam
In a belligerent tone
Defied evil personified
Your poise a frontal assault
You choose to be bold and audacious
You refused to be muzzled
You resisted

Your voice from the pulpit, resonating with unassailable truth
Staying an unabashed defender of Justice - Insaaf
You paid a price!
Abducted by the forces of repression
The spectacular horror of a degenerated state machinery
That has become a predatory instrument
Putting you in a solitary cell: brutal, painful, dehumanizing, insensitive, ruthless.

Our collective outrage at your incaceration
We expressed our anger with gathering stridency
In demonstrations, amidst placards, chanting slogans
For your immediate release
Hoping no grievous harm befalls you
From brute force and the scourge of a dictator
The Grand Dragon of Kaninlai

Overwhelmed by anger, frustration and emotional upheaval
We fell on our knees and prayed to our Creator
To protect you, save you and bring you back to your family
Friends, and loved ones,
Your congregation
To us, your brethren
All Praise to The Lord; Master of the universe

Him you worship and to Him you surrendered your life
Alone in a cell, surrounded by gloom
You held on to your prayer beads, as the times of the day became blurred
Hours became days, days became weeks, and weeks months, slowly passing by
As the Adh緋 fades, you behind bars, you reflected
Unwavering in your faith, trusting your Creator, you held your head high
Fully aware, this is yet another trial

You are Invincible
Scathed in body but not in Conscience
Standing Tall
Non-vindictive, Vindicated Man of ALLAH!
I celebrate your release
I celebrate your life
You, Imam Mukhtarr Baba Leigh
中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中 To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/gambia-l.html

To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] 中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中中