Dr. Saine made a bad judgement in respect of the NADD debacle and made
pronouncements that were perverse on the facts and NADD's very own MOU. He
 was therefore, rightly called out on that. Anyway, that is now a by gone
and Dr. Saine has since redeemed his well cherished scholarly reputation
and status within the community.

Thanks
Daffeh

On Saturday, 27 July 2013, Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Pa Saikou, Ah-nyab- Safu?
> I wasn't going to respond to your "nice piece" to safe you the
embarrassment of jumping onto my write up without either understanding the
substance of it or simply responding with an emotional fixated made up mind
on Dr. Janneh. Clearly you cannot look at this particular subject with an
objective mind because of your obsession with the person involved.
> I would recommend that you go back and read what I wrote and how I
referenced Dr. Saine and Jawara in my write up. For the record I have
personally interacted with Dr. Saine at various levels and there is no
Gambian Scholar who I respect more and admire for not only his scholarly
work but his down to earth humbleness. (Point one)
> I only reference Dr. Saine to make a point that none of us can escape the
petty criticism of pundits without looking at the issues from a broader or
more objective view. Thus I indicated that despite all his Scholarly work
and contribution as you recognized he was called all kinds of names on
these forums during the NADD debate... which you were a huge part of
parading partisan sentiments without recognizing that the stakes were
higher than any party or individual. No where in my write up do I accused
Dr. Saine of anything but only mentioned that people in fact in your camp
were the ones calling him names (we can reference the records if you
desire) Point two
> Pa Saikou, I have much respect for you and I expect that you will look at
any issue from both sides before making a conclusive decision that clearly
shows narrow mindedness and lack of objectivity.. I have nothing to gain by
being "dishonest on this issue" I simply made an observation that I think
has merits and gave examples. Dr. Janneh's decision will remain
controversial and I personally disagree with it as I mentioned several
times...
> My reference to Jawara and judging a man's legacy by a single incident
got left out in your response because you cherry picked the issue you
already made up your mind on. So I won't fault you for being self righteous
and sloppy without objectivity...
> Again, I am neither a defender nor an advocate for Dr. Janneh. The man is
doing that himself and I must admit he is doing a God damn good job on
focusing on what matters and engaging people who are willing to be
objective.
> Gambia's major problem at this time is not Dr. Janneh but your UNCLE
Jammeh. Anything to get our eyes of that ball should not be given any
attention period. I hope you open up your mind a little more....

[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mawdo Demba, "Angkhaddi" misiku a-wellaani deh"
> You are not only mixing coconuts and oranges, you are absolutely
dishonest by equating what you call "Dr. Saine's daring to stand up with
his friends (the OJs) in the NAAd debacle", whatever that means, to Dr.
Janneh's well calculated, personal-ambition-driven move to join a regime
that has at the time, repeatedly raped democracy in our motherland,
slaughtered babies on the streets of Banjul, many others died mysteriously,
or disappeared, and many more. If what you alleged Dr. Saine did was in
fact true, I very proudly say Kudos to him, for that was a perfect
democratic process, not a dictatorship, or a blind-dumb loyalty to an
individual or ideology. You will  recall that Dr. Saine has, in that same
time period or thereafter, called on the opposition on a couple of times to
throw their fullest support behind Ousainou Darboe to lead the coalition
for various reasons that he very well articulated. So there wasn't any such
thing as "friends" that Dr. Saine stood up for in the NAAD debacle. He has
consistently stood up for one thing, and one thing only, a Gambia free of
tyranny and oppression.
>  Besides, there are fundamental differences between Dr. Saine and Janneh
in relation to your citation, which by the way, is shrouded in hypocrisy
and blind-dumb allegiance to Dr. Janneh. In Dr. Saine, one will find
consistency, honesty, sincerity, content, and above all, bravery and
selflessness. A front line soldier who has never been tempted by Jammeh's
luxurious cabinate or diplomatic positions. With the tittle in front of his
name, I am convinced that it would not take Yaya a day to figure out his
capabilities and accomplishments. A click of a button would take care of
that.  Furthermore, even if Dr. Saine had been called many names as you
alleged, you will also agree with me that those critics were not calling
him names for switching sides or cross-carpeting over to AFPRC/APRC. The
name callers were undoubtedly from other opposition camps who would have
been honored, or in fact have expected him to endorse their choice of
candidate at that time(their respective party leaders). Unlike Dr. Janneh,
Dr. Saine  has never been part of the AFPRC/APRC regime, even though he has
probably met Yaya before Dr. Janneh did.
> You will further agree with me that Dr. Saine has always been with us in
every step of the way, and has never capitulated to pressure, or succumbed
to greed or personal ego, to say the least.  The review, if anything, has
in many ways echoed the sentiments openly and honestly expressed, and
debated in this and other forums, including Gainako, I think.
> In conclusion, I want to assure you that Dr. Saine's views on this and
many other political issues surrounding The Gambia, are mostly, if not all
the time, on solid grounds, such that not you or Janneh ....to borrow a
line from brethren Modou Mboge " the enabler", can refute. Therefore, to
suggest that Dr. Saine "made a mistake" by standing up for his friends
(OJs) is just not supported by a thread of fact. On the conversely, to
suggest that Dr. Janneh made a mistake by lobbying and eventually accepting
Yaya's appointment does not hold an atom bit of water. He knew what

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい