All,

I was deeply shocked and saddened to learn about the sudden death of our dear brother, Dr Alhajie Jeng. My family and I would like to extend our sincerest condolences to the bereaved family/families on this sad loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. I can only re-echo remarks already made here online, regarding his sharp intellect, generosity and kindness. I knew him since his days as a senior soil scientist at National Agriculture Research Institute (NARI) in The Gambia, but never got close to him until Dr Saine introduced us - some two years ago. Since then, we had telephone conversation periodically and I was always amazed by his incredible depth and breadth of knowledge about international affairs in particular. Although a soil scientist by training, he was, to borrow from cricket, an all-rounder: great versatility with wide ranging skills. Our deepest condolences to Musa Jeng and Dr Jeng's wife (Sainabou). May his soul rest in peace.

With deepest sympathy,
Ebrima