Burama, thanks for your thoughts and I agree that Gambians need "Political Leverage" - that thing that makes Yaya be sleepless. We shall never gain leverage as long as our mindset persist. How can we get leverage when those that have a following are hell bent on embarking on form over substance to eternity? They said it a thousand times that they will NEVER take the people to the streets. So how on earth can they ever offer leverage when they focus on political niceties? For those of us who are on the outside, we are too comfortable to risk our comfort. We can reorganize all we want and that is what has been happening the last 10 years with one think tank after another and all sorts of interest groups to overlap/overtake/undertake/undermine each other, only to have more to mushroom and the cycle continues like never die. Now, if time and longevity is on your and my side, we shall be exposed. As long as Yaya continues to have very restful nights, we shall talk about what we need to do in 20 years time and to repeat it to his natural death. It would be very naive of us to think that Yaya will spend the pass 19 years arming, killing, and maiming to prolong his existence only to change to espouse democratic values. Why do we think he has been arming and killing all this while? All he spent on arms, why did he not spend it buying toys and mansions around the globe or marrying 20 wives? This game is about life and death and he understands that very well. Where are all those he came to power with? If killing them was not important, why are they not alive today? How about all those that were around him that flood Mile II?

Not so long ago there was euphoria that Senegal was going to "Help US" get rid of Yaya. Why is it that we expect others to fight our fight? Again, if we wait for that, we shall be here to lament about that in 20 years to come. There is not just one thing that we need to do to get rid of Yaya but many things piecemeal or concurrently. While some storm our embassies, others to form militias, politicians to cultivate grassroots militancy within their ranks, civil society to take to the streets for redress, political party leaders to stand up against murders, thuggery, King Mentality, etc. Anything short of this direct resistance will be a continued waste of our time. We have lived this nightmare the last 19 years and so there nothing we do not know that is going on. We know what is expected of us, we are just not interested in doing it. If our mindset changes, we shall achieve change. Being outgunned is no excuse to not mobilize to fight. Saddam, Asad, Mubarak, Hitler, Amin, etc. had way more arms than their country-folk that had enough of them, yet that did not stop their populations to take them on. Let's face it the "Doff Rek" mindset does not permit us to rise up collectively.

I read some where that the "Opposition Leaders" met. For what? If it is their usual diet, then "Yallna Ange Be Ress Ak Jaama", for that would be their greatest product.

Joe