Kejau and MB, I am of the view that, both of you are a new generation of
Africans, secular in out look and Liberal in nature, however, in as much,
we with such out look see it as a none issue, to many in Africa, the mere
drumming it up makes it a threat to the way people have lived for
centuries. This is not to say, there are not brothers who will get under
each other's pants, or sisters who wouldn't tangled up, but to borrow a
phrase from LJD, 'The public space' i belief is not yet ready for equating
same sex relationship to the normal one as we know it.
Politicians are opportunist by nature and profession, hence they will jump
on it. Why is it that, our H.E is always creating avenues to discuss same
sex business? He saw a political capital to gain..So we should be very
careful in how we drum up the Obama or Kerry criticism of Jammeh, if not,
we may just be missing something strategic. I think Dida JHalake is on the
money here...
Thanks
Suntou