Nyang

I will be sure to email you a copy of ‘The Draft Working Paper’. I will not abridge it for the purpose of this conversation - too much work. You may or may not read it but flipping through it will hopefully give you an idea what I viewed ‘A National Democracy Vision’.

I am not against the removal of Yahya as you want it. However there is not practical political solution.

You ended with election with some qualifications will do it. I want to say Yahya’s refereeing of election is not just the control over IEC

- He appoint Governors and fire them
- He appoint chiefs and village alkalis and fire them
- He cam even fire National Assembly members in some instance
- He only resources of any kind
- He the only viable business man
- He feed families
- He kill and kidnap
- etc

Essentially Yahya control the very fiber of Gambian society that - marry, bury and christen us.

There is no amount of organization, reorganization and/or union of other political forces will win election as long as these conditions prevail.

Am with you on demands for electoral reforms. Remember election laws are part of The Constitution - if we can build political leverage why stop at demanding just a sub-section of The Constitution. I will still take the sub-sectional approach

Please give us in a step wise approach, say (1……..20…..) or A……Z) how we demand and ensure reforms. Its still Yahya in the helm. What can we do for him to adhere?

I would avoid taking you on your positions on violence approach. I will tell you this, I will not be there and I don’t condone it. Using undemocratic tools for democracy never install one anywhere.

Finally, am not sure how much of politics you were involved or follow during the 1st Republic - Yahya did not create the political mess we’re in. Jawara did. Yahya is Jawara on DOUBLE DOSE STEROID.

Removal of a president will not bring democracy. Me and you may or may not be in the camp of the new sheriff in town - but there will be no democracy. Democracy will be instill if and when majority of our people have capacities to live a life of democracy. Then they will demand it from their leaders - until then forget it (it will always be winners and losers)

Fixing Gambia’s problem is not 1 election cycle problem. It’s a whole  social engineering process that will take decades and an appreciable result may never come during my life time. Yet that’s a cause worth our fight.

Please drop me your personal email so I can send you the document. I think I have it but just to make sure.

Appreciate your insight. Thanks

Burama