While the talk on Jawara is on, I can't resist any further but bring in here Sidi Sanneh's challenge for evidence and empirical data of nepotism especially in scholarships dealings.
LJ and Baba Galleh among others tell us your part of the story. For me at least I carried a bench and desk to LK Sec. Tech. in September 1991.

http://sidisanneh.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-was-told-so-is-not-enough.html