http://www.maafanta.com/laminjdarboe100percentunlawf

LJD,

This is a great piece, a reminder to the bitter past of history, marking it two years soon since those prisoners were deprived of life, a law taken into the hands of a few administration criminals, and the spirits of those souls are haunting the administration in no small way. If you look around, mighty Karma, has certainly hit, and most of those that went on TV justifying the abomination, has fallen from grace, to a point where death is better than such humiliation. Their so-called judicial hypocrisy, from religious, true judicial, and even cultural standpoint was just empty and lacking substance. That is very unfortunate, especially the participation of justice ministry, some religious leaders (imams), and community folks, some of the very people who swore to serve true justice and represent citizens.

 After a coaching from our own resident Christine Sukuna (thanks Chris for being on the look out as always), I am forced to accept the use of simple language versus the "curse" language on emotions, though we can't help vent out sometimes.

LJD, please forgive my shallow understanding of the laws you quoted, even though as you offered, it is straight to the point, to where a lay man like myself can understand it. Here is what I have to offer on this topic...

Last year, I was fortunate to be in Africa, and while there, by coincidence an extended invitation from Ndey Tapha Sosseh, I attended the anniversary of the prisoner killings, and a joint conference organized by RADHO, article 19, and amnesty in the Senegalese capital, Dakar, which saw many attendees. It was emotional and well organized. Both Dr. Amadou Janneh and DA Jawo made historic speeches, together with the RADHO folks of course. Dr. Janneh in his part, is a witness to the whole thing, and his accounts on this matter are very accurate as he narrated it.

Back to the killings and my own recollections from narrations, the killings leaked first, and when the international community blew the whistle, Jammeh and his accomplices needed to get back to their huts, to come up with some more fat lies. The news reading on GRTS was done after the damage was done already. It was just a formality, but their foot tracks weren't erased.

As to why it was done when in fact most of these cases were pending judicial (final) review, together with the constitution you quoted above, remains the question. Going by Jammeh's fetish nature, it gives credence to the much talked about "human sacrifice" for the sake of hanging onto the throne. Recall it was done on eid (Muslim feast). Trust me, I firmly believe, this was done for human sacrifice. In fact, Abdoulie Kujabi, former NIA director once shared with a close confidant, that they killed a young girl without teats and buried her in Kanilai, for sacrifice. Kujabi made these revelations after he fell out with Jammeh.  The very reason that Kujabi got in trouble was he was accused of fighting Jammeh spiritually by burying charms (jujus) in Kanilai, but he was Jammeh's confident who went out to meet spiritual leaders and marabouts. If any is in doubt, make enquires, and you will come across someone who is aware of it. In fact, Jammeh murdered people like Jasaja Kujabi, Marcel Jammeh, etc....for the same fetish beliefs. These are all said to be his family members. Of course, needless to mention, in my March 2009 visit to Africa, I saw with my own eyes, innocent people who were concocted with 'kubehjara' (poisonous herb) for the same fetish and devilish beliefs in Jammeh.  Jammeh worship idols and devils. Such is not uncommon among fetishes like Jammeh. If you look for any other reason, you will not find it. He was not doing it to set examples. If he was, he would have started with himself, after all these revelations made online, from Deyda's gruesome murder, to the Ghanaians, etc...

There is only one solution. That is the one that citizens need to take.

Thanks for reminding us.

Happy Ramadan & warm regards,
Yero.

"There is no god but Allah; & Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger"

Kind Regards,
Yero.