Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 23:46:14 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Unlawful Prisoner Killings 100% Wrong.
To: [log in to unmask]

Mawdo Yero, I will admit I missed the humor but not because of the Ramadan. I am in Vegas with 110' weather but still going stronger than before... ain't no Jallow kundas... On LJD he definitely owes me an interview of the century... I have been waiting and waiting and soon I will ask you to write a poem on it...LJD when are you coming to Gainako... one year and counting? I need to sharpen my legal skills before you come...

Anyway, Yero I don't know what Gambians want!!! we ask for strong leadership and know that leadership is one of our biggest weaknesses. We need people who are experienced, learned, visionary, brave and policy driven minds. We have openly asked them to join the fight and not sit on the fence, and yet when they step up to help move the process, we call them all kinds of names and ask them to resign... And now you saying you wish he had sat on the fence. Isn't that the problem, people are afraid to lead because they don't want their incredibility questioned. You wonder why LJD and others don't step up to take the lead? hah did you ever wonder about that? But how do we move our nation forward if the best of the best are afraid to come out and get their hands dirty?

I wonder where America would have been if their founding fathers were afraid of what the people will say, or the challenges they will face? Where would South Africa be if Mandela was afraid to put the country on his back and shoulders?  I wonder where the American Civil Rights movement would have been if Dr. King, Malcolm X and others had sat on the sideline and watch the amateurs make mistake over mistake? Yero, the time has come for us to demand full participation from our most successful academically and professionally to join and lead the fight. Support from behind the scenes is great but we are pass that; our situation is dire and we need citizens to put everything on the line and help rescue our country. We demand the likes of LJD, Dr. Jaiteh, Dr. Ceesay, Dr. Nyang, Dr. Jallow, Dr. Ndow, Dr. Minteh, Dr. Saba Jallow, Dr. Freeman, Dr. Conteh, and many other scholars to help us openly shape the future of our country. I don't buy into the idea that we don't need our intellectuals/scholars to move our country forward. Whether academic or professional experience and skills is a must have in any society to move forward... We need all hands on deck..

Thanks

Demba