    From: TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
    To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 7:14 PM
    Subject: Re: Tombong Removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Gambia-l,

    I was indeed appointed Permanent Secretary Office of The President and it
    was promotion. However, after a thorough review, the decision was rescinded.
    The entire fiasco was as a result of some misrepresentations, however I do
    not intend to wash our dirty laundry in public by getting into details of
    how this came about. The fact of the matter is I am still the Director of
    Broadcasting Services and I am happy and content with my job.

    PEACE

    TOMBONG