Hi,
I have helped a young man begin at GTTI last year but do not know if I can continue supporting him financially.  If the family is interested I can  introduce them to him, via mail.  Otherwise, I would be happy to provide details of GTTI fees.  I strongly urge them to contact folks who have first hand knowledge of the country and specific individuals, ie. VSO, Peace Corps, etc.  Having been in the Peace Corps, I know that the in-country volunteers run a Peace Corps Scholarship Fund which is highly effective and direct.  They can match people up with Gambian students and keep an eye on school fees so they are not misused.  VSO may very well have a similar program.  Let me know what information they would like to start with.

Nathan Van Hooser
RPCV, The Gambia, 91-93

Michael Carrick wrote:

 5/8/99To Gambia-L A family in the UK hopes to help a Gambian student who is in The Gambia to enable him to study Information Technology in The Gambia.                            Thanks a million,    Mike Carrick.     Bromsgrove, near Birmingham, UK.