Hello!

I think I got this from the 'Weekend Observer'! I hope I wake up soon from my deep sleep to realise that I was just having a bad dream, so that I can laugh at the awkwardness of my mind and the depth of even my unconscious fears!

Kabir.

Graveyard dispute heats up in Mandua

The graveyard dispute in Manduar village, near Brikama, between the Mandinkas and the Wollofs heated again up this week.

Sources in the village reported that the Wollofs, despite being warned by the Commissioner of Western Division to use the old cemetery to bury their dead are insisting on using their own cemetery.  They

further disclosed that on Tuesday, August 17, the Mandinkas received information that the Wollofs were preparing to bury their dead at the proposed cemetery.

The Mandinka elders were said to have threatened them with war if they attempted to bury the corpse in the graveyard. They therefore dispersed with their corpse.

Over 50 Mandinka youths went to the said graveyard to prevent the burial.

As the tension deepened, Chief Bakary Santang Bojang of Brikama was informed and he sent delegates to warn the Wollofs to use the old cemetery.

When this reporter visited the scene, an irate group of Mandinka youths were seen  battle-ready.

One of them said, "we have been law- abiding since this dispute started.  We're fed up now.  This dispute should end now!"

Meanwhile, the corpse was later taken to Serrekunda for burial.