Jabou,

I think what we have here is a clear case of narrow-mindedness and I am sincerely alarmed at your way of thinking. You seem to be focusing on one side of an equation, refusing to bring into play other vital factors that would create a balance!

I think you ought to revisit your statement that:

"...In our quest for excellence in all aspects of our lives, be it purity in religion, better,
more competent and non-corrupt government and leaders, a better future for
our country, if all of us listen well, get all the facts, make the
comparisons and the right choices based on facts and knowledge, then all
those institutions and practices that are based on false premises will self
destruct..."

and see how your other positions reconcile with that. You seem to be advising me to listen and understand, but I beg you to do the same and to not dogmatically burry you head in the sand and refuse to see that your type of attitude is a recipe for discord! We must take a look at the whole picture and not just a portion of it if we are to avoid constant religious bickering.

Just the other day an Ahmadiyya spokesman was quoted in 'The Daily Observer' as having said that from now on, no attacks on their movement will go unanswered, this after the last string of attacks from the Imam with whom you claim to share the same sentiments about their faith.

We all know that  the Ahmadiyya sect is a deviation from traditional Islam. I still remember how, whenever the Ahmadiyya had their prayers relayed over Radio Gambia on Muslim Celebrations, my father would constantly go on about their deviation from traditional Islam but always hastened to say how helpful he had found their dental clinic on two occasions when intense pain had practically taken over his life,  and the amount of respect and consideration they showed toward him. I think that is the view most people have of the Ahmadiyya. They do no harm to any one.

As for your comparision of them to the colonialist:

"Why my quip about colonialism? Should the contributions others make in our
country and our lives be sufficient reason for us not to oppose  or criticise
them in any way, even if this opposition or criticism will result in a
greater good for us as a people in the long run? Those who colonized us also
initiated  and left schools  and other institutions  for example,  that we
still utilize.Should we have maintained that system   or stand in defense of
them because of the fact that they were making these contribution?"

How can such critisism result in a "greater good for us as a people in the long run"? and how for the "greater good?" . The  "greater good" seem not to have a problem with the Ahmadiyya, it is the "lesser minority" of religious dinosaurs and some new-out-of.the-blue novices, who seem to have a problem.

The rest speaks for itself. A little bit of objectivity can only do us good. You cannot choose to equate the suffering and deprivation that Africans endured under colonialism to the peaceful and socially productive presence of the Ahmadiyya, just so you can justify your attacks on them.

That is an insult tantamount to the one that our Ambassador in London is quoted as having made, that slavery was a blessing to Africans!

A. Kabir Njie.