The Missing Dollar

Three cowboys went into a hotel and  asked for a room. The clerk said
they had only one room left and it would $30.00. So each man handed over

$10.00 a piece for a total of $30.00.

 When they went upstairs, the clerk realized he overcharged them because

 it was not a $30.00 room, it was only a $25.00 room. The clerk called
 the bellboy over and explained how he overcharged the three cowboys
 and instructed the bellboy to take five $1.00 bills up to the three
cowboys' room.

On the way up, the bellboy decided he did not know how to divide the
$5.00 by three. So, he put $2.00 in his pocket and proceeded to the room
where
he handed each cowboy a $1.00 bill back, so they then each had paid
only $9.00 a piece for the room.

Well then, $9.00 times three men means that they paid only $9 x
3=$27.00.
So their $27.00 plus the $2.00 in the bellboys pocket equals $29.00.

Where is the other dollar?!

--

I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on
earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he