Asalamualaikum

Brothers and Sisters and fellow Gambians on the L
I hope this meets you all in good health and great spirits of Unity and
understanding.

I have been relatively quite on the latest issue which sister Veronica
Njie put so well on paper and gave us more than enough to digest for the
next two years.
I commend her very much because the previous authors were all
criticizing either Jammeh or Jawara and gave very little or no
ALTERNATIVES to the problems.

My question is simple let us list FEASIBLE ALTERNATIVES that can bring
about some SOUND SOLUTIONS to our Social and Economic sectors and STOP
Criticizing. That will only inflame the common citizens in the place we
all love (Gambia) who do not need to be hammered daily  with more
negative reminders of either Jammeh or Jawara.
No one is perfect .  Some have strengths in some areas and weakness in
others.

Look at the global picture of the Gambia and think how how to solve it's
problems not how to only criticize. Anyone can find faults with anyone .
We all have skeletons in our closets.

I will start the Solutions List with number one
:
1. MASS EDUCATION  of all Gambians until they can be almost 95 %
computer Literate. This will eradicate a lot of our problems of electing
our future leaders.. Let us EDUCATE ourselves ,our families and friends
first. I open the floor on the education alternative. Grass roots
teaching of not only the young ones but the elders - women and children-
all ages.  Give teachers all the help they need . (and it does not have
to be a formal classrooms - it can be in anyone's compound in a
designated area.)
THEN
Number two
2. Financial & commercial Rebuilding of small shopping outlets for
equitable  distribution of needed goods and services throughout the
whole of the Gambia ( using the old or  defunct Cooperative system with
it's present buildings and or structures)
Without business no country can survive.
This is an element I have yet to see being discussed seriously.

NEXT and not the least we move to

3. Social and religious matters that will fit into the above two
Alternatives  will be the next order of the day that will just fall in
place with the development of the above two issues .

Yes, I repeat it is easy to criticize but what are the
ALTERNATIVES??????and SOLUTIONS?????

Wasalaam

Brother Habib Diab Ghanim, Sr