All,
With due respect to everyone who has attempted to respond to Dr Saines' call, my observation is that we are going back through the same never ending loop of chastising again. Dr. Saines' call, from how I decipher it, is to come up with a scheme for national reconciliation which, in the end, will ensure a win-win situation for the people of Gambia.
What I have seen so far, although suggestions are made, is the chastisements we've been seeing here. I'm not excluding myself from that by any means, but Dr. Saines' call should put a stop to that loop we've been in for such a long time.
If we are to achieve a compromising situation that will benefit our people, we should all refrain from trying to point out what the other has done wrong- this has already been crystallized many a times. We should instead move on to the next step as Dr. Saine has pointed out. If we come to realize that a compromise can never be reached, then we know that, at least, an effort has been made, as Ous Bojang rightly pointed out.
My appeal to all of you wonderful sons and daughters of our beloved Gambia is that we set aside our grievances for a moment and settle in our retreats, dig deep down in our minds and come up with a solidified  proposal to rescue our motherland. This, I believe is what Dr. Saine is calling for and will surely be achieved if we work on it.
Let's get into " Halwa" and come up with something brothers and sisters, time is running out.

I'll retreat for now.

Abdoulie A. Jallow