FYI.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
-----Original Message-----
From: Muslims Online <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, November 05, 1999 8:11 AM
Subject: Free Islamic Videos, World's Most Popular Group

Assalamu'alaikum!

****Hundreds of high quality Islamic books, videos, software,
audio and gifts are now available at:
http://astrolabe.muslimsonline.com

- Raihan! The World's Most Popular Islamic Singing Group (read more below)
- Hamza Yusuf's Life of Prophet Muhammad (S) 24 audio cassette series
- Salam and the Knights of Virtue, a new Islamic cartoon for children
- The Muslim Marriage Guide

****November Specials
- FREE Eid cards with any purchase up to $99.99
- FREE 3 Video Set - Siraj Wahhaj, Muktar Maghraoui & Ahmad Sakr for any
order over $100
- 5% off all other products!

****If you have a web site, you can earn money while promoting Islamic
Media.
Check out Astrolabe's Ansar Associates Program at
http://astrolabe.muslimsonline.com

****Check out Astrolabe's Islamic E-Cards
Spiritual Thoughts, Friendship, For Kids, Husband-Wife and MORE!

NEWS RELEASE

World's Most Popular Islamic (Singing) Group Hits US Market

WASHINGTON - Raihan, an immensely popular Malaysian Islamic (nasheed) singing
group, has released its albums for the US Market. The word Raihan means
"sweet scent of paradise" and the five talented young men who form the group
shocked the music world with the release of their first album Puji Pujiyan,
'The Highest Praise (for God)'.  Their inspirational nasheeds surpassed all
Western style music to top the charts in Malaysia, selling over
600,000 albums and winning four Malysian Music Industry Awards for Best
New Artists, Best Religious Album, Album of the Year and Best International
Album.

Described as "modern, professional, pious" Raihan puts its message before
anything else.  "We are not happy because our album sold 500,000 copies if
people don't get anything from our songs. We hope our songs convey the
teachings of God, like faith and prayer," said Said Azahari, spokesperson
for  the group.

Known for their rich harmonies and zestful drum beats, the success of Puji
Pujiyan lead to collaboration with Yusuf Islam and the release of a second
album, Syukur (Thankfulness).  Islam brought two heart-rending English
songs  to the album, God is the Light and Rakan Salawat (Peace Be Upon the
Prophet).

Both albums, featuring songs in Arabic, English and Malay are distributed
by Astrolabe Pictures.  "Raihan is a wonderful example of Islamic cultural
expression." said Suhaib Barzinji, Astrolabe Director, "Its so well done
that Muslims are choosing it over pop music."

Samples of Raihan songs can be heard at:
http://astrolabe.muslimsonline.com

Thank you for supporting Astrolabe Pictures Islamic Media.  See it, hear
it, buy it..ON LINE.

"...This is the best Islamic site I have ever seen..."
ILM2000