From: Salam Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 8:40 PM
Subject: mathematics!!!!!!

Greetings:
The probability that out of 13 people in a room, 2 will be born in the same
month is 13/24.
     There are 78 ways of selecting groups of two out of a total of 13. The
probability that any 2 people in any selected group share the same month of
birth is 1/12 x 1/12 or 1/144. Therefore
the probability that 2 people out of 13 will share the same birth month is 78
x 1/144 or 13/24.
          Peace!
                      Amat