The following is culled from the Independent online.
I wonder what happened the excellent Gambian contractors who built the Kanilai palace.
Here we go again.........

Abdoulie A. Jallow

"If you will tell me why the fen
appears impassable, I then
will tell you why I think that I
can get across it if I try."
I May, I Might I Must - by Marianne Moore

Renovation work starts at State House

A Moroccan construction company last week started the much-rumoured renovation work at State House, impeccable sources there informed The Independent.

According to the sources, the State House which was build by the colonialists, has to undergo modifications, tile changing and probably replacements with glasses or fibre where wood is involved.  The sources added that the greater number of workers doing the renovation work are Moroccans.

'Even the labourers are Moroccans and the work is estimated to last from 6 to 8 months,' the sources added.

It would be recalled that President Jammeh left State House last week Tuesday for his home village of Kanilai to allow renovation work to go on.  Since then he has been administering the country's affairs from there.

The State House was last renovated in early 1990 by former President Jawara who then stayed in another State residence at Old Cape Road in Bakau.

'The ongoing renovation is to make it modern and above all, more secure,' said a State House source.