***** L-Soft Only ****** **** Migrated from maelstrom to ICORS 2006.01.11 BP ************************ I envision this list as serving most every purpose relating to the hobby that could possibly be of interest to any of it's members--from getting started to comparing notes on "blind-friendly" equipment (or how to make equipment which might not appear to fall into that category do so), from setting up schedules to sharing hobby-related experiences, and discussing the social ramifications amateur radio has had on our lives (the opportunity to meet new people, etc.), and most everything in between. If it's even remotely related to amateur radio in general and the blind community's participation in it in particular, it will be fair game for discussion, within the normal bounds of courtesy, good taste, and the like.
Show Table of Contents

Curtis Delzer
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 17:21:33 -0800
I am getting a TM3530A and I wish to install a VS1 into it. Also I need
a decent 220Mhz antenna, anyone have either or both? :)

THANKS!
No Replies
Pierre Berube
Thu, 25 May 2023 09:48:06 -0500
Pierre Berube
Sent from my iPhone
No Replies
Curtis Delzer
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 13:56:57 -0700
Hi all! I need recommendations! First, I am a good CW op, and I know how
to use ARRL Field Day Contest Log on my computer. Last year in 12 hours
I made 144 contacts which isn't real speedy, but I wish to (1) do better
in 24 hours or so, or as long as my future club will be awake, and (2)
take advantage of whatever the best of you blind ops can offer me for
recommendations as to what I can do to do better. :)
I use a keyer, MFJ 264 I believe is the model number

[More ...]
No Replies
Curtis Delzer
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 20:33:49 -0700
What is a correct log for the necessary information exchange on field day?
I'll be writing my own as I operate that day for our club.
and, what is the necessary exchange?
No Replies
Curtis Delzer
Sun, 10 May 2020 17:43:01 -0700
I've have always wanted to do it and now I shall. I wish to have my call
at arrl . net. :)
I did, on their web site, successfully submit the proof of blindness,
and it was submitted, so now, how to pay the money? will I receive an
email as to where to go to do that here on line?
THANKS
Show Replies 1 Reply
Curtis Delzer
Thu, 7 May 2020 12:25:19 -0700
Hi all! On my swap net I've a rig blaster plus for sale. Does that work
for us blind-users in any way I could take advantage of? Is it a board
which plugs into the computer . . .
anyone know or have used one. It's not too expensive.
No Replies
John Miller
Wed, 25 Dec 2019 11:44:19 -0500
I have a question, I got a UV-5RX, that's the triband one. I know the 2
antennas, one is for 220 the other is dual band but which is which?
Eventually I'll get a single antenna to do all 3 bands but I haven't even
programmed this yet, tried it, nothing and there isn't a ton of 220 activity
near me so it's not a priority now, it will be more when it's the season for
hiking and what not when I carry it a bit.
Show Replies 1 Reply
Curtis Delzer
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 16:22:15 -0700
Where is FM on the receiver of that HT? Other than 440Mhz / 220Mhz,
144    , is there any FM like the FM broadcast band? Someone here said
it does not cover 10 meter FM, but is that for receive? I know there is
no TX on anything from 2 meters on down.

[More ...]
No Replies
Curtis Delzer
Fri, 17 May 2019 00:11:53 -0700
I am now, once again, K6VFO, as you see in my signature. Fun, eh?

I spent five years like this, guess can and will do it again. :)
No Replies
Jim Stanga
Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:38:37 -0400
Hello fellow hams!

This is Jim Stanga, WA5VYL

I have just resubscribed to the list.

I am considering doing some remote HF operation.

Is Handihams the only option or are there other options available?

Nothing against Hamdihams, I just want to know what options are out there.

Glad to be back!

Jim
Show Replies 1 Reply
Christian
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:57:59 +0100
Hi all,

So, at last, now here is another ts2000 owner. Got a used radio, with the vs3 installed. But, I have a few questions.
First, is there a way to make a factory reset of the radio? There are memory channels and other settings that they have programmed it with. How do I get rid of those?
Also, a friend seem to have automatic repeater offset, but maybe it’s because of a newer version of the radio?
Many thanks for any help and 73!
Christian SM0UWV
Show Replies 4 Replies
Lloyd Rasmussen
Sat, 29 Dec 2018 10:04:40 -0500
I expect to be available for the next several Sunday afternoons to run the
Blind Hams Cross-Country Net on 14258 KHz upper sideband. The starting time
will be 2100 UTC, which is 4 PM EST and 1 PM PST. Sometimes we run for a
full hour, but often it is a half hour or so. I don't know what propagation
and QRM will do to us, but hope that some of you can make it. I haven't been
available as much this fall as in the past. We'll start with tomorrow,
December 30.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
Show Replies 1 Reply
Curtis Delzer
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:00:28 -0800
, Sad to ANNOUnce THE PASSING of n6xcr, Jim who lived here in
Southern CA, a weekly participant in my local swap net, from May 15 2013,
through about July, 2018. He passed away on November 23, Friday morning
at about 5:30, losing his battle with many medical complications.
He always wanted to be first in my list of checkins every week, was
encouraging to all new hams, and all who knew him.
Many here will miss him a lot.
He was also totally blind, so he'd listen to the swap net finding out
ways he could use his radio

[More ...]
No Replies
Christian
Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:46:47 +0100
Hi all,

I just have a question regarding DTMF input. If I do not have a such microphone, can I use the keypad on the radio itself for real-time DTMF while transmitting?
Many thanks,
Christian SM0UWV
Show Replies 3 Replies
Dana
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:44:22 -0500
Where are the yes and no keys? I forgot. how to you set a memory?
No Replies
Christian
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:08:23 +0100
Hello all,

I am looking to buy the TS2000, but was just wondering does anyone know where to get this radio forgood price online? Many thanks and 73s,
Christian SM0UWV
Show Replies 3 Replies
Steve
Fri, 2 Nov 2018 14:20:26 -0400
BlankFederal Agencies in Conflict on Cellular Technology and Cancer Risks

WASHINGTON Two U.S. government agencies are giving conflicting interpretations
of a safety study on cellphone radiation: One says it causes cancer in rats.
The other says there's no reason for people to worry.

No new research was issued Thursday. Instead, the National Toxicology Program
dialed up its concerns
about a link to heart and brain cancer from a study of male rats that was made
public last winter. The Food and Drug Administration, which oversees cellphone
safety, disagreed with the upgraded warning. And "these findings should not be
applied to

[More ...]
No Replies
Maurice Mines
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:18:16 -0700
Good afternoon everyone, I just have a quick question about theThd74a
transceiver. Are there separate volume controls for band A, and band B?
This would be a help one believe it or not listening to NPR, on band B,
but having a local fire dispatch on band a. Typically what I do if I can
remember before breakfast, just to switch Band-Aid to a local repeater,
and instead of local fire dispatch. Unfortunately Bakersfield is pretty
much it seems like in the middle of nowhere. Really wish the HF bands
and so forgettable he bowed, at times. And I could

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Larry Marcum
Fri, 7 Sep 2018 16:09:51 -0700
I will be at Guide Dogs for the Blind in Boring, Oregon the next 2 weeks. Any of you in that area that can recommend a repeater that I can access with my h/t while at GDB?

Thanks,
Larry, KA6GND
Show Replies 3 Replies
Joe Quinn
Sat, 1 Sep 2018 15:33:27 -0500
subject says it all, any out there, that are actually made anymore? :)
Show Replies 9 Replies
Martin McCormick
Wed, 8 Aug 2018 16:39:41 -0500
Computer Mic's are a little different than your standard
Microphone. They have 3 connections rather than just 2 but they
are not a balanced line either. So, what are they?

They are actually an amplified condenser microphone. If
you have ever accidentally plugged a headset in to the microphone
jack, you will hear a click and nothing else and here is what is
going on.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
mark torgerson
Wed, 8 Aug 2018 14:25:03 -0500
Hi

Does anyone know where i can buy replacement stingers for my 75m hamstick? Those thin metal rods just didn’t make it through storage.

Peace be with you,
Mark Torgerson
Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 1 Reply
Butch Bussen
Mon, 6 Aug 2018 15:48:32 -0700
I'm seriously considering dropping the other list. Way to much digital
this and that traffic and I have no interest in that at all. IRLP is just
as much fun and much easier. I can talk all over the world by just
dialing up a reflector or a specific node.

I suppose there are still a few on this list.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.
Show Replies 2 Replies
Howard, W A 9 Y B W
Sat, 4 Aug 2018 13:09:26 -0500
Butch,

Don't go away, you contribute a wealth of information to the list. Just
ignore those who are set in there ways and are intolerant of your way of
doing things.

For example, there is a lot of traffic on this list about the new digital
modes on the VHF and UHF repeaters these days. Listening to all the
discussion on how to create code plugs for these radios makes my head spin.
I am not interested in those modes nor have the patients to learn it. I
guess that makes me lazy also. Let's go out and get a

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Fred C. Adams
Sat, 4 Aug 2018 09:39:39 -0400
I know that I am on the old
list but there is just to much
traffic on the new list for me
so I thought I would try the
old list. I do not like using
a headset and so I am asking
if the following even exist.
If possible I would like to
use a ham radio microphone
with my computer and listen on
my external speakers.
Somehow, I would have to
connect a UHB connector to the
SM-8 microphone so I could
plug the microphone into the
UHB port and even then it
might not work. If anyone

[More ...]
Show Replies 13 Replies
Howard, W A 9 Y B W
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 07:33:17 -0500

From: Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Fri, 18 May 2018 20:49:51 -0700
Subject: Re: New Kenwood TS-890S Revealed at Dayton

Is it 160 through six? I have been hoping they'd replace the
2000. One
thing I really like about my 990 is it has lots of buttons and
knobs. I
don't have to go into a menu to change microphone gain, carrier,
transmit monitor and so forth. I also

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Steve
Fri, 18 May 2018 17:59:51 -0400
BlankJust prior to this message, you should have received a notification about a
new file uploaded to the files section, with a link to grab it if you'd like.

This is a more efficient way of distributing things that might be useful to
other blind hams. That way, no matter when somebody wants it, it will be
available up there.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Steve
Fri, 18 May 2018 14:32:34 -0400
BlankI haven't been able to find much in the way of specs except that it has
several roofing filters in it.
It has a 7-inch color TFT display.
No idea of accessibility, or pricing yet, but I'd expect that it would be
decent, except for the band-scope functions.

It isn't part 15 accepted so it could be awhile before it becomes available.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Pierre Berube
Wed, 9 May 2018 21:50:05 -0500
Steve,
I had to unsubscribe the blind ham groups.io
Too much threading, and abusing the list to the point users are using it as
instant messaging.
I told the owner that they should have the option turned on for people to
respond to the sender link at the bottom of the post.
Steve, no one responded to my digipan question so I guess it was over their
heads.
Steve, if you could respond to me direct at my email address:
Thanks again for trying to get help for me.
Pierre Berube
Lifetime Member of Handiham
And Leader Dog Smokey
Show Replies 9 Replies
mark torgerson
Tue, 8 May 2018 12:00:29 -0500
Hi

My wife is so sweet, she is getting the upgraded equipment for our direct tv. The good stuff that talks. My question is what do i need to ask the tech to get descriptive video turned on?

Peace be with you,
Mark Torgerson
Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 1 Reply
Pierre Berube
Mon, 7 May 2018 19:06:51 -0500
Hi all, I hope someone can help me on this too.

Pierre K9EYE here

I must be really confused, and please forgive me if this sounds stupid.

I downloaded Digipan, and the scrips for the Digipan for my jaws.

This is my problem?

Also I have a ts590 SG not a ts 590S, the menus are totally different that
is what is confusing me.

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Pierre Berube
Mon, 7 May 2018 16:38:26 -0500
Hi All,

I just acquired a Kenwood TS870S, and I am missing a VS2 voice chip.

They are not made anymore, however does anyone have one I can purchase?

Thanks,

Pierre K9EYE
Show Replies 4 Replies
Don Breda
Wed, 4 Apr 2018 12:45:45 -0400
Does anyone have an accurate well done description of the front panel
layout for the pl880?

I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Don
Show Replies 1 Reply
Steve
Sat, 31 Mar 2018 12:44:43 -0400
BlankHey Guys,

We've always tolerated some Off-topic traffic as long as it is technical, at
least tangentially.

But, what I don't like to see is non-descript subje ct lines.
I've recently seen several messages with a subject line of "off-topic" —— so
please, be more descriptive. It'll help those who aren't interested in that
particular topic to just hit the delete key along the way; and it will help
those of us who tend to skim to maybe stop and offer some help -- if we had
known more about the subject in question.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Kent Plemmons
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:26:18 -0500
I have lost one of the large plastic nuts that serve to hold wires onto one
of the power posts on my Alenco DR-330 power supply.

Would any of you know a source that I might contact in order to get a
replacement?

Kent Plemmons, KK4FFF

Waynesville NC
Show Replies 2 Replies
Kent Plemmons
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:09:27 -0500
Does anyone have a description of the rear panel of the MFJ-993B antenna
tuner?

I have the manual but I need the rear panel layout.

Thank you,

Kent, KK4FFF

Waynesville NC
Show Replies 2 Replies
Fred C. Adams
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 22:35:38 -0500
I just rejoined the list after a long time and
this is a test message to see if I am on the list.

FRED C. ADAMS W4HC
THE HOUR IS LATE AND
THE NIGHT IS FAR SPENT
Show Replies 4 Replies
Steve
Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:28:49 -0500
BlankA follow-up on that video I posted from Energous Corp. Looks like another
viable competitor is in the Pittsburgh area.

Wireless recharging for devices gets FCC approval Mike Snider , USA TODAY

The FCC has certified Energous' WattUp transmitter, which uses radio frequency
energy to wirelessly recharge devices at a distance. Here, transmitter is
mounted below the computer display, surrounded by devices that could be
charging.
(Photo: Energous Corp.)

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Steve
Thu, 28 Dec 2017 15:42:06 -0500
BlankEnergous Corp. has developed a Wattsup charging device that is truly
wireless. You can watch the Youtube demo at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0LAzFB0Qh8

Steve, K8SP
Lansing, MI
Show Replies 4 Replies
Steve
Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:21:03 -0500
BlankOne more thing to ask Alexa: Where's Santa on Christmas Eve?

Canadian Brig. Gen. Guy Hamel, NORAD and USNORTHCOM Deputy Director of Policy,
Strategy, and
Plans, joins other volunteers Dec. 24, 2014 taking phone calls from children
around the world asking where Santa is and when he will deliver presents to
their homes, inside a phone-in center during the annual NORAD Tracks Santa
Operation, at the North American Aerospace Defense Command, at Peterson Air
Force Base, Colo. (Brennan Linsley / Associated Press) By Dan Elliott Associated
Press .

[More ...]
No Replies
Steve
Sun, 24 Dec 2017 20:38:48 -0500
BlankHere's hoping everybody has a festive Holiday season; Merry Christmas
and best wishes for a healthy, peaceful, prosperous New Year with great
performance in any pile-ups.

"A person cannot survive as a true Spartan fan unless he is a bit of a
masochist and a very large optimist."

Steve, K8SP
Show Replies 2 Replies
Jim Gammon
Thu, 7 Dec 2017 11:43:11 -0800
Question for people using trunking scanners. Is anyone using the
Freescan program to load talkgroups into their scanners? If so,
which screen reader, if any works with Freescan? Does Jaws or
WindowEyes work? How well? I have a ham friend who is willing to
install Freescan on my computer and just wondering if it's worth
it. Jim WA6EKS
No Replies
Dana
Wed, 6 Dec 2017 22:21:51 -0500
I just bought a Kenwood t-hd74a and need a cheet sheet for the menus. Would anyone have one laying around?
Show Replies 14 Replies
Steve
Sat, 25 Nov 2017 10:51:28 -0500
BlankThis all sounds as a fishy way to kill net neutrality as we know it.

Net neutrality process 'corrupted' by fake comments and vanishing complaints,
officials say By Brian Fung Washington Post .

As the Federal Communications Commission prepares to dismantle its net
neutrality rules for internet providers, a mounting backlash from agency critics
is zeroing in on what they say are thousands of fake or automated comments
submitted to the FCC that unfairly skewed the policymaking process.

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob Martin
Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:51:41 -0500
I have saved the infirmation provided to computer;
turns out part of the problem is a repeater. Put HT on outside antenna ad it works fine even through all power levels.+
Thanks!
Bob
No Replies
Bob Martin
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:55:18 -0500
I have forgotten if there is a button for changing from high to low power and if so, where it is located.
Help, Please!
Thanks
Show Replies 2 Replies
Pierre Berube
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 13:53:58 -0500
I agree, I run a 6 meter net every Wednesday Evening on 50.180 called the
EN52 net.
pre-amble always starts out...
We talk about everything and anything except religion and politics.
This week's topic, Do you home brew projects? If so what is your project
you are working on.
This sets the tone.
Thanks again,
Pierre K9EYE
Lifetime Member of Handiham
Lifetime Member of the Blinded Veterans Association

[More ...]
No Replies
Steve
Wed, 4 Oct 2017 14:24:03 -0400
BlankOk, I've been pretty lax about the list, as has Buddy when he ran it.

We're running it jointly, but Buddy has a lot more things going on in his
life with Melanie and stuff right now.

So, this off-topic stuff is hereby ended! No political stuff. Anything
tech related or ham-radio of course is fine.

[More ...]
No Replies
Steve
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:06:40 -0400
BlankDuring hurricanes, emergency officials turn to ham radio Jon Santucci,
The Stuart (Fla.) News

Amateur radio operators Paul Bartoszewicz (yellow shirt) and willie Thompson
(green) at
the Indian River County EOC on Sunday. (Photo: JON SANTUCCI/TCPALM) VERO
BEACH, Fla. ' Operators of amateur radios, also known as ham radios, play a
vital
role in the gathering of information during hurricanes like Irma. 'We take
for granted our communications,' said Etta LoPresti, emergency management
coordinator
for Indian River County. 'But when you have something catastrophic like they
do in the Keys and in the west coast of Florida, where you're not

[More ...]
No Replies
Bob Martin
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 12:49:08 -0400
Hello --

The audio version of the ARES E-Letter for August 16 is now available
for you to listen or download at:
<www.arrl.org/files/file/ARES%20Audio%20Newsletter/ARRL%202017-8-16.mp3>.

Thank you all for your support.

73,
Al KZ3AB
Tony W1FHN
No Replies
mark torgerson
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 06:43:00 -0500
Hi

Its been a while since i have heard from any blind hams.

Peace be with you,
Rev. Mark Torgerson
Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 8 Replies
Steve
Sat, 22 Jul 2017 17:10:30 -0400
BlankOk, just for jollies I did a google search on BTP.

For the ripe sum of $49 you can snag an August 1961 issue on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Talking-Books-Braille-Technical-August-September/dp/B008G0R2FC

Steve, K8SP
Lansing, MI
No Replies
Steve
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:55:11 -0400
BlankEngadget - Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM

GE's $99 'Talking Laundry' box was built for the blind

Scott Olson via Getty Images

Doing laundry might be dead simple for most people, but the visually impaired
don't have it so easy. To make that easier, GE Appliance's
skunkworks division FirstBuild
-- along with the help of a 14 year-old --
has designed
a system called Talking Laundry. With a name like that, the invention is pretty
self-explanatory: it's a metal box (below) that audibly tells you how
much time is left in a given wash cycle, and simplifies controls

[More ...]
No Replies
Steve
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:58:07 -0400
BlankOk, got a chance to play around with this amazing FREE app from Microsoft.
To say I'm "blown away," would be an understatement.

The app has five "channels": Short Text, Document recognition, Product
Recognition, Picture, and Scene Recognition.

The short text is useful. You can aim it at an envelope that came in the mail,
say, and it will tell you what it recognizes immediately. Same with currency.
It is almost instantaneous.

[More ...]
No Replies
Steve
Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:32:25 -0400
BlankHappy Birthday, Shayla.

Hope you enjoyed that song by The Browns that your hubby dedicated to you last
night.

(Grin) Guess everybody knows Doug and I listen to the same show!!!

Steve, K8SP
Lansing, MI
No Replies
Lloyd Rasmussen
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 21:26:29 -0400
On today's net, Junior, KG4ITD, reported that his wife, Linda, went home to
be with the Lord on June 25 after a battle with cancer. Her memorial service
will be on July 5.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com
No Replies
Darrell Hilliker
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 05:46:24 -0700
Hi everybody,

I hope you will all enjoy the latest episode of the Blind Access Journal
podcast, where I demonstrate HF operation at this year's Field Day.

You may subscribe to the show or listen directly at the following link:

http://blindaccessjournal.com/2017/06/amateur-radio-field-day-2017/

Thanks and 73,

Darrell (NU7I)
No Replies
Nora Nagle
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:35:57 -0400
Digest

Sent from my iPad
No Replies
Darrell Hilliker
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 05:57:01 -0700
Hi everyone,

Does anyone out here know how to turn off/on dual receive or dual watch mode
on the Wouxun KG-UV8D rig?

It seems to be different from either the UVD1 or the UV8D.

Thanks and 73,

Darrell (NU7I)
No Replies
Darrell Hilliker
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 15:01:44 -0700
Hello,

Does anyone out here have the list of PL codes for the Wouxun KG-UV8D radio?

For example, the list that says entering 13 selects the 100 Hz CTCSS
frequency.

Thanks and 73,

Darrell (NU7I)
Show Replies 3 Replies
Darrell Hilliker
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 05:49:19 -0700
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the rig into programming mode?

Supposedly, it needs to be turned on while hoding down a particular key.

Does anyone on here know which one?

Thanks and 73,

Darrell
Show Replies 3 Replies
Darrell Hilliker
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 02:30:51 -0700
Hello,

Is this rig still accessible like the older versions?

I found an eyes-free guide for a much older iteration of this radio. Does it
still mostly apply to this newer model?

Are there some additional, newer resources?

How about any screen-reader-accessible radio programming software? Which
software do you recommend?

Thanks,

Darrell Hilliker (NU7I)
Show Replies 8 Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 20:30:04 -0400
A good turnout tonight with several countries and states represented.
Stations were:

WA1RTB

K5TEL

K3DML

KL3RH

KD8PC

WD8LDY/ZL4

VK6SP

KW3A

AA3VZ

KY2D

Join us next Friday at 8:00 pm eastern on Echolink KY2D-R or Allstar 2396.

73, Jim, KY2D
No Replies
Steve
Sun, 28 May 2017 17:28:57 -0400
BlankI'd like to welcome Mike, Wa8VPG, who I've known for well over forty years
to this list -- finally.

By the way, Mike, I see using the Amazon Echo Ask Callsign skill that you need
to change your address for your current call. It still shows you at your old
address.

Steve, K8SP
Show Replies 4 Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 26 May 2017 20:40:05 -0400
Our Memorial weekend Friday Night Net had our first mobile check in.
Stations participating tonight were:

K8IT

KL3RH

WD8LDY/ZL4

K5KGC MOBILE

NC6D

KN4CRC

WA7FXB

KB7QLT

KI7DFO

KY2D

73, Jim, KY2D
No Replies
Jed Barton
Mon, 22 May 2017 22:59:17 -0400
Hey guys,

Question for all of you with the md-380. I just got 1. My
understanding to switch zones, the way to do it is hit the menu
button, then press the right arrow twice, then you're on zone, then
press the menu button again, then you can arrow through your zones.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to do it well. I do that sequence, but i
arrow up and down my zones and it doesn't change. Any ideas?

[More ...]
No Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 19 May 2017 20:37:00 -0400
Tonight's checkins were:

K8IT

KL3RH

WA1RTB

WD8LDY/ZL4

E73KG

VK6SP

KW3A

WD8INW

AA3VZ

KY2D

KB3DHG

Drop in on Echolink KY2D-R or Allstar node 2396 next Friday at 8:00 PM
eastern.

73, Jim, KY2D
No Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 12 May 2017 21:02:24 -0400
The Friday Night Net ran for 50 minutes tonight and had 20 stations checking
in from four countries. Stations tonight were:

K8IT

KJ8SEW

KN4CRC

VK6SP

K5KGC

WA1RTB

K5TAL

KW3A

KD8PC

KK4JHF

KE5AL

KB7QLT

KI7DFO

E73KG

WD8LDY/ZL4

KL3RH

KC3CDV

AA3VZ

NC6D

KY2D

Look for us next Friday at 8:00 pm Eastern on Echolink KY2D-R or Allstar
node 2396.

73, Jim, KY2D
No Replies
Iaen Cordell
Wed, 3 May 2017 08:15:11 +1000
The below web SDRs work well with window-eyes and firefox.
They have a blind user option that lets you use keyboard for frequency
entry.
http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
http://websdr.mwrs.org.au:8901/
73 from IC.
No Replies
Jim Kutsch
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 18:10:26 -0400
I'm a bit late in posting but we did have the Friday Night 8:00 pm
Echolink/Allstar net last night. The list is growing and we've had several
first time check-ins in the last few weeks. Thanks to these stations for
participating last night:

KB3ICC

WA1RTB

KN4CRC

KB5ELV

KL3RH

KW3A

NC6D

KB7QLT

KI7BFO

KW4U

KY2D

73, Jim, KY2D

Notepad
No Replies
Bob Martin
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:57:37 -0400
Dear HAM Radio Friends:

You may download or listen to the Audio Version of ARES E-Letter for April 19, 2017 now at:
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ARES%20Audio%20Newsletter/ARRL%202017-4-19.mp3>.

Enjoy and 73,
Al KZ3AB
No Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 20:43:31 -0400
Here's the list of Friday Night Allstar/Echolink Net participants. Welcome
to two first-time check-ins: AG5JM and KN4CRC.

Here's the full list:

wd8ldy/zl4

aa3vz

kd8pc

kk4jhf

ag5jm

kn4crc

ke5al

kb5elv

kd7qlt

ki7dfo

k8lr

ky2d

73, Jim
No Replies
Fred Olver
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:35:49 -0500
Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 3 Replies
Jim Kutsch
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:25:05 -0400
The Seeing Eye's 9th annual auction closes tonight at 10:00 eastern. There
are over 500 items and in particular, a section for electronics and for
blindness related products. No ham radio gear is in the auction but there
are some good opportunities still available in the blindness items. Just a
few of the auction items are VIP thermostat, Seeing Eye GPS, Blind Square
and other GPS packages, Jaws and ZoomText, a Bradley Watch, a Plextalk and
Victor Reader Stream, magnifiers, and many tutorials. Check it all out at
http://biddingforgood.com/seeingeye before 10:00
<http://biddingforgood.com/seeingeye%20before%2010:00> tonight.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jim Kutsch
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 19:53:15 -0400
The Friday Night Allstar/Echolink net starts at the top of the hour on
Echolink KY2D-r or Allstar node 2396. Come catch up with all of us.

73, Jim, KY2D
No Replies
DAN REID
Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:39:19 +0000
Greetings,
I am inquiring how well Jaws maneuvers website windows within windows in addition to popups and
Is there a way to change how Jaws tracks? For example, when there are columns or split screens, ,Jaws seems to track
The left column from top to bottom and then jump to the top on the right side
And track from top to bottom.
Is there a Jaws user group?

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
DAN REID
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:16:16 +0000
Greetings,
I am inquiring how well Jaws maneuvers website windows within windows in addition to popups and
Is there a way to change how Jaws tracks? For example, when there are columns or split screens, ,Jaws seems to track
The left column from top to bottom and then jump to the top on the right side
And track from top to bottom.
Is there a forum for Jaws or a group similar to this one for questions as well?

[More ...]
No Replies
DAN REID
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:54:21 +0000
Greetings,
I am inquiring how well Jaws maneuvers website windows within windows in addition to popups and
Is there a way to change how Jaws tracks? For example, when there are columns or split screens, ,Jaws seems to track
The left column from top to bottom and then jump to the top on the right side
And track from top to bottom.
I am using version 17.0. Is there a Jaws users group for these type of questions?
Many thanks,
Dan Reid (kb6unc)
No Replies
Joe Quinn
Tue, 7 Mar 2017 18:35:07 -0600
How do you call into allstar via sip using callcentric? Thanks
No Replies