ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Show Table of Contents

Sharon Hooley
Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:03:18 -0700
Hi again,

I didn't realize that I needed to change the sharing settings in Google Drive so that anyone with the link to a file can access it. Let's try this again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vxEKWbO8OMwAZ0cBjOJXO4Kbp45I8ZOF/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this works,

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Mon, 30 Jan 2023 21:09:34 -0700
Hi,

It's been a long time since I've received posts on this list, but I hope some of you are still around. I was playing around with a website called

FakeYou.com

They have a ton of text to speech character voices to choose from that sound very real. You can type in what you want them to say, though they don't always get it quite right. I made a skit using the voices of former US presidents. I think of Phil, that he would get a kick out of this. Here's the link below to the file I put up

[More ...]
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 24 May 2022 15:52:36 -0600
Somebody sent it on an email list I belong to. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/3LSswPEC7ks

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
john schwery
Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:39:01 -0600
I am testing to see which address is subscribed.

John
Show Replies 3 Replies
john schwery
Tue, 8 Mar 2022 12:17:32 -0600
Vicki, could you change my subscription to:

Sandy, have you heard about Carroll Jackson?

John
Show Replies 8 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:49:33 -0700
Hi,

I got this from a newsletter I'm subscribed to.  Enjoy.

Date: 9 Sep 2020 15:00:55 +0000
From: Guideposts Mysterious Ways <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Guideposts
<http://l.e.guideposts.org/rts/go2.aspx?h=234845&tp=i-1NGB-Bo-Dv7-Z8Gam-1o-5XQR-1c-Z82xD-l554174Utn-1K3E9j>
After a devastating car accident, a glimpse of the afterlife continued
to remind this patient-doctor duo of their divine connection.  The
accident happened while we were driving back to our home in Bountiful,
Utah, from a visit to relatives in the southern part of the state. My
wife, Tamara, was asleep beside me. Our seven-year-old son, Spencer, was
in the back seat, playing with his toys. Our toddler, Griffin, slept in

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 1 Sep 2020 09:13:41 -0600
Hi,

I have a question about topics that are considered offensive on secular general email lists. A friend and I created an email list for people who are deafblind, to chat and share helpful resources. I understand that, in their world, they are typically against posting content that has anything to do with politics, sex and religion. But I also believe there are times when we, as Christ's witnesses, need to speak up. How do you respectfully share your faith, and lovingly warn them of the danger of refusing to repent? And what if someone does bring up the idea

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:16:09 -0600
Hi,

I found this in The Blind Post newsletter that I thought some of you might enjoy.

https://worshipunlimitedministries.org

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
john schwery
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 15:46:28 -0400
Sandy, Carroll Jackson would like your email address. If you like,
give it to me and I'll pass it along.

John
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sandy Scovell
Fri, 22 May 2020 23:19:34 -0600
Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a little update.

This last month has been probably one of the most difficult times I have had. I kind of feel like a wilted rose.

Until this last week, my grandson, Everett, has had many setbacks and difficult times. Things ar looking up now. I would like to have all of you please pray that God gets a hold of him.

[More ...]
Show Replies 7 Replies
Sandy Scovell
Mon, 27 Apr 2020 00:35:45 -0600
Hi Church Family,

My oldest grandson, Everett, was in a horrific accident Saturday morning. He was going home and this couple in front of him were in two separate vehicles having a good fight. The lady hit Everett going about 85 miles per hour. It was a 30 mile per hour zone. The lady hit Everett going at that speed. Both his vehicle and the vehicle of the lady were engulfed in flames. He is in the hospital and very much alive. He has had over the past few years, four different accidents which could have taken his life. However,

[More ...]
Show Replies 15 Replies
Grant Metcalf
Sat, 18 Apr 2020 22:15:06 -0700
Blessings That Remain

There are loved ones who are missing
From the fireside and the feast;
There are faces that have vanished,
There are voices that have ceased;
But we know they passed forever
From our mortal grief and pain,
And we thank Thee, O our Father,
For the blessings that remain.
Thanksgiving, oh, thanksgiving
That their love once blessed us here,
That so long they walked beside us
Sharing every smile and tear;
For the joy the past has brought us
But can never take away.
For the sweet and gracious memories
Growing dearer every day,
For the faith

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Jenifer Barr
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:23:57 -0400
Hi all!
Just wondering how Sandy Scovell is doing? Sandy, if you're still on this list, praying for you and your family.
I love you all and am glad this list is still up. We need each other now more than ever.
Jen

Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 7 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:52:56 -0600
Uh oh!

I thought the subscription to the emails from Fast Company was free! Apparently not. Sorry about that.

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:31:25 -0600
Hi,

I'm not familiar with this resource, but I'm taking the plunge. If you want daily updates in your inbox, try signing up here:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90478306/this-is-how-to-safely-receive-packages-and-deliveries-during-the-coronavirus?email=shooley42%40gmail.com&25=on

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 09:40:27 -0600
He is Rissen!

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 14:55:16 -0600
Here Vicky, take a look at this.
https://www.transformationprayer.org/

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Thu, 9 Apr 2020 15:27:16 -0600
Hi,

I'm just tossing this out to see about joining or creating a special group. I'm wondering, especially with this virtual socializing, if you know of anyone who has a group, or is interested, in studying the Transformation Prayer Ministry, to learn how to conduct a session for ourselves or someone else? This type of ministry has helped me deal with emotional spiritual issues more than anything else in my life! It's about asking God to replace our lie-based beliefs with His conviction of the truth in every situation. The teaching resources are free. If there's a need to start

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Rhonda Partain
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 22:15:43 -0400
Hello, haven't seen any messages here in a very long time.

How is everyone?

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy.

Blesssings!

Rhonda
Show Replies 7 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 18:19:26 -0600
I really experienced an Idaho earthquake less than an hour ago! What a time for something that doesn't happen very often!

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 20:15:43 -0700
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Special Touch Ministry <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: January 14, 2020 at 4:08:31 PM MST
> To: Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Online Registration is Now Open

> PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE
> OF THE SUMMER
>
> Are you looking for a fun, friendly, accessible Christian Camping experience for yourself or your family?
>
> Special Touch Summer Get Away could be just what you need!
> Each location has functionally appropriate programming for

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Vicki
Wed, 1 Jan 2020 07:40:10 -0700
Good morning everybody.

Just wanted to say a big happy New Year to all. Wishing you each a good year in the Lord with his blessings, comfort and peace.

Vicki
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:48:28 -0700
Hi,

I just want you to know that my newly implanted ear is working ever since it was activated last Thursday, and I'm starting to understand a little speech. In fact, I'm writing this message without using my more advanced side! Not all of the words are clear, but it helps to know what kind of sounds I can expect to hear.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Wed, 4 Dec 2019 11:27:00 -0700
HI,

This is a recording I made for my family, and I thought I'd share it with you too. You should be able to find this joke online, and if I remember right, I got it in an email message years ago. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6asujp2rgem4gw/HowToCookATurkey.mp3?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6asujp2rgem4gw/HowToCookATurkey.mp3?dl=0

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:27:33 -0700
Hi,

I'm discharged and waiting in my brother-in-law's car and running errands and will grab lunch.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:28:22 -0700
Hi, I hope everything is going well for all of you.

Well, tomorrow is a big day for me. I should be going into surgery to receive a cochlear implant for my other ear! I don't know exactly what time the surgery is, but I should arrive at 10:45 AM to register. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:13:09 -0600
I'm taking the plunge for the implant on the other side!!! So far, surgery date is Nov 4th! The first time I had to wait from July to December, so I was surprised! Woohoo!

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:19:53 -0600
Hi,
Here’s a link to “SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3” in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqcetkzkqbo5mdb/SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3?dl=0

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:57:28 -0600
Hi,

I hope I'm not annoying everybody with any mistakes. I'll just tell you what's going on in a sepparate message. I have revised my recording and I'm trying to send it again. Apparently, adding to the subject might screw it up. So I'm just explaining that here. Hopefully the following message will work...

[More ...]
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:23:16 -0600
Hi,
Here’s a link to “SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3” in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqcetkzkqbo5mdb/SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3?dl=0

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:57:22 -0600
Hi,
Here’s a link to “SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3” in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqcetkzkqbo5mdb/SavingALifeThruSacrifice.mp3?dl=0

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Vicki
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 21:05:16 -0600
Hi everybody,

Hope all of us exit from the wood work. We’re not termites right? Ha.

Wondering how and what everybody is doing these days.

For us we’ve been dealing with a little flood in our house from the bursting of an input water source to the toilet. The good thing, it was clean water. The bad thing, it was in an upstairs bathroom. So lots of things are testing my patience and quite frankly getting on my nerves. God is faithful and I know I can take all of it to him and I do. Other things are good.Family

[More ...]
Show Replies 6 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:51:12 -0600
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kpverl1b6ofrag/AABW9DYbQs5pVXJzAeN5AQNba?dl=0

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 6 Oct 2019 10:10:03 -0600
Have you ever heard about the Assemblies of God center for the blind, where you could borrow books from their library and get some free material? Well, this organization has changed the name to Special Touch and have expanded to programs for people with any intellectual and physical disabilities. Just take a look at what they're doing!

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Fri, 6 Sep 2019 13:14:54 -0600
Saving a Life Through sacrifice.

Let me tell you about my sister, Judy.  Judy was one of my siblings who
suffered, along with one or two of our brothers in the family of seven
children, from a genetic disorder that gradually destroys the kidneys.
She spent some time in bed instead of at school as a young girl, but was
strong enough as a young adult to become a registered Nurse.  For awhile
she worked in publick health, in schools and with those in the community
who needed special supervision and care.  I remember people warmly
inquiring about Judy, how

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Stanley Haupt
Sat, 13 Jul 2019 18:33:02 -0400
Hello Everyone:

This is Stanley Haupt from Lehighton PA.

I always appreciated the different Christian articles and testimonies that
Phil would write and post to this list. As a Christian he was a prayer
warior and believed that prayer was a powerful weapon of helping people to
change their lives and become a better Christian. This list also introduced
me to the many drvotionals for Christians that people would post and provide
the information how to receive them by email.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Vicki
Fri, 12 Jul 2019 17:44:52 -0600
Hi echurch family.

It’s with deep sadness that I let you know that Phil is no longer with us on this earth. He changed his address to his heavenly home late this afternoon. Sandy and all three of his kids were by his bed side; his sister too. His other sister was with them in heart I’m sure. What a celebration must have occurred when those heavenly gates swung wide.

[More ...]
Show Replies 10 Replies
Vicki
Wed, 10 Jul 2019 08:43:15 -0600
Hi to everybody. Thanks again so much for praying. Jen and Peggy, great words. Yes Phil will be missed. But what awaits him is going to make him not remember the difficult times here. He was moved to a place where he should get wonderful care. Blessings to you all!

[More ...]
No Replies
Vicki
Sun, 7 Jul 2019 08:01:39 -0600
Hi. Thanks to each of you for praying. I haven’t heard from Sandy today yet. But the news is difficult from last night. Phil was not able to really respond to anything. This truly breaks my heart for both of them. But barring a huge miracle on this earth, it appears that Phil may be going home to the Lord he loves and has served for so many years. On the other hand, God is still in the miracle business today. What I do know is that both Phil and Sandy trust the Lord with all their hearts. They need

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Stanley Haupt
Fri, 5 Jul 2019 00:20:11 -0400
Hello Echurch Family:

This is Stanley Haupt from Lehighton PA. I am keeping the entire family in
my prayers. I pray that the doctors will find the right antibotics to bring
the infection under control. It is my prayer that God will help to solve the
issues with his back pain too.

It has been quite some time since I have sent email to this list. Earlier
this week, I did receive a probe email for the list. I started getting email
again when different people on the list were providing information about
Phil's health.

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Vicki
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 18:59:59 -0600
Hi everybody,

Yes we still exist. Maybe e-mail is antiquated but some of us still enjoy it and we’re here for the long hall. I’m especially glad for being able to share prayer needs through this vehicle as our small echurch family is still very much in touch.

Right now, Phil and Sandy need your immediate prayers. Phil has had ongoing issues with his back as you all know. In the last few days, his health issues escalated to the point where he has been hospitalized. We don’t know how long he will be there. He is in intensive care.

[More ...]
Show Replies 7 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Mon, 8 Apr 2019 09:18:22 -0600
Hi,

Just thought I'd share this info for a way to give and receive stuff for free. You can subscribe to this group:

The only requirement is that we give at least once a year.

Hth,

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:42:54 -0700
Sharon,

I have always felt that I knew your dad personally for some reason. My dad died 56 years ago when I was 11 but I still cry once and awhile as if it were yesterday. I pray for you and your family. Your dad is a happy man now.

Phil.

Show Replies 7 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Fri, 8 Feb 2019 08:18:05 -0700
Hi,

My dad just went home to be with The Lord this morning. He had contracted pneumonia and declined rapidly. No more sorrows, no more pain, no more anxiety or depression as he had before, no more tethered to oxygen! I would appreciate your prayers for our family.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:24:02 -0700
Jin,

Saying I will pray for you won’t seem like much help but, of course, I will be praying. We have prayed over the phone, as I recall, in the past and we can do so again if you like. Not having enough money when needed is one of the most difficult things to face for anyone so you are not alone. We are broke by the end of each month most months, too, and sometimes have to borrow money from friends and family. Additionally, we lend money to others and often don’t get paid back on time, if at

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Jenifer Barr
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:24:58 -0500
Hi all.
So much has happened in the past few years. Forgive me for not writing sooner. I'm requesting prayer. I'm at the lowest point I can remember ever. Not even my divorce caused me such turmoil.
I am a federal employee... I think there are a few of us on list. I'm not trying to start a debate on whose right and whose wrong regarding this shutdown. The point is we're scared. About 800000 of us are not being paid... either working or not. I was called back wednesday... because tax refunds are essentual.
Not only that... but my

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Phil Scovell
Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:25:00 -0700
Things change from day to day and we are getting reports second hand through our daughter, Gretchen. Today’s news is not good. They now say they do not want to do any surgery because the clot is on, or near, the brain stem. They are recommending 3 months of intensive care to see if the clot decrease in size on its own. I doubt I need to spell out the severity of this diagnoses. Things are not good physically or financially. Mike and Gretchen are former meth addicts. They drink a lot and they smoke a lot of weed. We

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Grant Metcalf
Wed, 26 Dec 2018 22:08:40 -0800
Here is a link to a series of 5 recorded messages entitled “The Christian’s Right Hand Relationship to God The Father. Tab down 10 links to find the first message.

http://bartimaeus.us/messages/titusville2015.html

I have found these messages on prayer quite informative and helppful. Enjoy!

Listening for His shout!
Grant
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Wed, 26 Dec 2018 15:59:19 -0700
Mike’s headache was not going away so they did another MRI today, Wednesday, and it appears the clot in his brain is getting larger. They are considering surgery yet today so I will keep you all updated. Sharon, yes, they are saved but I have discussed salvation in detail before and he was not born again at that time but claims he was later. I am not sure about it but he is a close part of our family regardless. He needs prayer and maybe salvation, too.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Phil Scovell
Wed, 26 Dec 2018 10:43:13 -0700
Our daughter, Gretchen, has been living with her boyfriend, now her fiancee, for about four years. They have had no children together, but Mike has one daughter that is 16 years of age. They recently have become guardians for two small boys that are brothers, ages three and four. They are almost twins in looks and behavior. Some of you know Gretchen’s background and history so I will save that for another time. I have a prayer request. In recent days, Mike had a severe headache. It became so bad, Gretchen took him to the Emergency Room. They did not

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:57:49 -0700
All I want for Christmas are my two implants;
my two implants,
just my two implants.
All I want for christmas are my two implants…
so i can hear you say, “Mmmerry Christmasss!”

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit http://cochlearamericas.com
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:26:59 -0700
Happy Birthday, dear Jesus! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good day! God bless you all!

www.CochlearAmericas.com
Show Replies 2 Replies
Grant Metcalf
Mon, 24 Dec 2018 21:52:36 -0800
Greetings,
I just found out how to get the direct link to the mp3 files and will paste it below.
Enjoy!

http://bartimaeus.us/messages/dks-prayer.html

Listening for His shout!
Grant
Show Replies 1 Reply
Grant Metcalf
Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:51:00 -0800
Greetings list Members,
I have attached the Class Notes on Grace Communication taught by Pastor David Spurbeck in a braille formatted file. Eight kinds of “prayer” or Grace communication are defined and discussed.I can also provide a text version as well as the 12 mp3 files for the class if anybody is interested.
Feel free to contact me if you want more.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:18:15 -0700
In a recent Bible study at church, I asked this question. If I could teach you how to pray without ceasing, how often would you pray?

Phil.

Show Replies 10 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:46:50 -0700
Hi again,

Just wanted you all to know that I have received satisfactory help. John’s epub file and Grant’s tXT Bible attachment was just the thing I wanted!

Thanks everyone for your contribution!

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit http://cochlearamericas.com
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 17:39:04 -0700
Hi again.

Well, I found a way! Here’s what I’m doing:

1: Go to this Website:
https://ebible.org/kjv/index.htm

2: Save the entire website as a Web Archive format into a folder where you can find it on your drive, such as within your documents, in case you can’t find it in browsing history. Then Open that file into your web browser.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:55:14 -0700
Hi Guys, how are you all doing, and what are you up to these days?

My dad has been living in a group home at glenns Ferry, which is closer to my brother’s farms, but has also been in and out of of hospital for several issues, and now dehydration with a bit of heart trouble and low blood pressure. It seems possible that there’s something else that might be causing dehydration that we don’t know of, because he was pushed to drink a lot of water after the last time he was in, and now he’s back in.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 4 Nov 2018 14:12:52 -0700
Hi,

I’m sharing a link where you can listen to a podcast about converting some of what is seen in the universe into sounds, even making music with it! That way we who can’t see can sort of get meaning of what’s out there and what goes on. If you want to skip the podcast and go straight to their resources, just click on Show Notes that comes after it.

[More ...]
No Replies
Grant Metcalf
Thu, 1 Nov 2018 10:27:34 -0700
Hi List,
Yesterday looking at my old PC drive I found 5 mp3s of a book entitled “The Martyr of the Catacombs” by Richard Roberts. Somebody had created these files from a tape recording of the book. However, the book is not complete and I am wondering if anybody on the list might have or know where to find the remaining mp3 files. I would like to listen to the entire book if possible. Also there was one mp3 of “Poor Joseph” which I have not listened to as yet and so do not know if there should be more

[More ...]
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:36:06 -0600
Does anyone use Bible Gate Way dot com? If so, can you look up Greek or Hebrew words as the online Bible? If so, how?

Phil.

No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 23 Sep 2018 15:07:43 -0600
Hi, I hope all of you are doing well.

Well, my dad finally needed to be moved, so he no longer lives with my sister. He's in a group home with 14 people, called Poplar Grove. It's in a town called Glenns Ferry, which means that I'll probably have some nice drives with my sister to go visit. He's closer now to two of my brothers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Phil Scovell
Fri, 14 Sep 2018 17:36:34 -0600
I thought you would find this interesting. Paul Harvey used to have a series called The Rest of the Story and this sort of falls into that category.

Some time ago, I asked if anyone spoke French on this list. This had to do with words I spoke, two words, only two words, to be exact, which I spoke in tongues one day out in my office. They were spoken without prior thought and were plain as day, yet, I had not even thought of speaking in tongues, or English for that matter, when they came from my mouth.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 9 Sep 2018 22:35:12 -0600
Well, I was wrong about where Dad is going. The town is called Glens Ferry, which I believe is even closer to brother Dale and farm. I also went there to public school. Sister Judy and hubby Wendell plan to go on a business trip the 17th, and other sibs will take over and move him on the 18th, hoping that he won't feel abandoned by the ones who had cared for him. I hope that helps him.
The place seems homey, with only 14 residents, activities every day, living room with open kitchen, his own room and bathroom. Seems

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 9 Sep 2018 12:09:09 -0600
Dad’s been home and hasn’t complained about more back pain but uses a walker right now. But my sister Judy is finally at the end of her rope of caring for him at home, so we plan to move him to a place in Mountain Home in Idaho. It’s farther away from us but closer to our brother Dale’s farm. He is so confused now that he sometimes needs help getting dressed. I went to Judy’s house to be with him and allow her and husband Wendell to go do something else. He seemed to want to talk with me

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Phil Scovell
Sat, 8 Sep 2018 20:11:39 -0600
Hello everybody. Sandy and I have been tied up lately with some church activities and services but also with things relating to our health and going to doctor appointments. My typing has slowed down considerably, maybe to 30 words per minute, so I am not as apt to sit down and type a message as I once was. I purchased this mac over 4 years ago with the idea in mind of using the voice recognition built in program. So it is time to start spending more time with it than straight typing.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Grant Metcalf
Wed, 29 Aug 2018 17:01:33 -0700
Greetings,
I have a ten volume KJV Concordance in good condition which needs to find a new home. It was originally published by the American Bible Society and embossed by the American Printing House in the 1940’s. Unfortunately, free shipping outside the U.S. is not practical.
Also, I have The Beginners Bible by Karyn Henley, published in 9 small volumes by Braille Bibles International which needs a new home as well. If this interests you let me know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sharon Hooley
Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:21:29 -0600
Hi again,

Dad has been moved to Boise for maybe a week to ten days. He slept most of the first night, and staff found him in the shower the next morning! Judy has brought him green beans to break into pieces, and he seems to enjoy something to keep him busy. I hope I can go over there to hang out one of these days. Thank You Lord for his care and peace of mind.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:03:40 -0600
I found out later that Dad is doing very well! The pt took him out into the hall with a walker, and he sometimes sits up in a chair.

The place hesitated to take on someone with dementia, so the social worker is visiting to help make the decision.

However, Judy said that he has a red area on his boney coccyx. I hope you're not tired of explaining things, but I don't know what the coccyx is either. Is there an accessible medical dictionary where I can quickly find those terms I don't understand?

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Sharon Hooley
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 12:00:18 -0600
Well, so far I haven't heard much, but he is supposed to move to the Boise care facility tomorrow. My sister Judy said a head nurse s^d the staff wasn't working up to standard care, and that she would order a pressure preventive matress. You know, I wish every patient could have a caring family keeping medical personel on their toes while sitting with him or her.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 14:36:04 -0600
Dad was awake several times during last night, more confused. Meds have managed the pain well enough for him to sit up in a chair this morning! How can he do that safely with a fractured l1? He was able to eat a bit of soft food with thickened liquids for breakfast. He looked tired, and started feeling cold sitting up, so they had to give him more layers of clothes and warmer blankets until he said he felt warm.

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sandy Scovell
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:14:47 -0600
I failed to mention that you are correct in stating L1. Hope this helps and keep us posted please.

Sent from my iPhone
Show Replies 2 Replies
Sharon Hooley
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 20:23:08 -0600
Dad had to have two ct scans before they figured out what's going on. The 2nd scan showed a fractured £1. Apparently he's been able to get relief from a medication other than morphine which didn't work and caused more confusion than he has already. Judy and his caregiver don't think he has dementia like I previously thoughten He's apparently just confused, and he seems to know that. It goes up and down, like when he gets dehydrated or has other issues. Dad agreed that those who have stayed with him are free to go home for the night, but

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Phil Scovell
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:55:35 -0600