CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrej Grubacic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:37:57 +0100
Hello Bill!
No need for "please cease"pleads. We can turn this otherwise ugly dispute in
stimulating conversation - this list is made to serve this purposes.
 Your argumentation is a bit old-fashioned. Leftist sociologists, but
sociologists who are scientist in the first place, and who are not
post-modernist ( I am allergic to this trend of thought) have diffeent
opinion on racism and definitions. I am a "follower" of Boiurdieu , not just
in this matter, I regard him as probably most accomplished sociologist alive
and I suggest that you read something about racism amongst his works ( I
suspect you have read already much from him), though I am not sure in what
extent is he translatedin English.
 Modern ( non-postmodernist) sociology, in France & Germany,
neo-structuralist sociology, offers definition of "racism" category which
are now accepted in academic circles.
Respectfully,
                       Andrej