BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:52:15 -0400
The Text Cloner

"I already have a screen reader. Why do I need to pay for a product that has
voice built into it? "  Over the last couple of weeks this has been a common
statement by individuals who are using a screen reader.

They're right! Why should they be paying for the development that goes into
making an application self voicing when they already have a product that
will do that for them?

September 30, we released our text Cloner software
package. This package is a low-cost, easy to use OCR package that is
designed to be used with your existing Screen reader.  Text Cloner can
handle multiple columns automatically.  Don't worry about your page
orientation - Text Cloner will rotate and straighten it out for
you.  Text Cloner incorporates some of the latest copier features.  This
includes an image cleaner.  It cleans the image of defects prior to the text
recognition, increasing the accuracy to nearly 100%.

Text Cloner has the following features:

· Easy to use single button Functions
· Very Fast Text recognition
· Works with Twain compatible scanners
· Full Featured Word Processors
· Save files in multiple formats
· Built in 100,000 word spell checker
· Compatible with all screen readers

System Requirements

· CPU:      200 MHz Pentium or Faster
· Memory:       32 MB (64 or higher recommended)
· Disk space:   40 MB of free space
· CD-ROM:       2X or Faster

    Operating System: Windows 98, Window NT, Windows 2000 and Windows ME

The Text Cloner has the Suggested Retail of $59.95.

A Trial Version is available for download or purchase the full version for
only $59.95.

Check it out at  www.premier-programming.com