THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:42:46 -0700
Dear Thyroid Folks,

Please be careful with replies - only my voice may
address off-topic matters while on-list.

Please Vote

I believe that the upcoming election in the USA is
the most important in 128 years, since 1876.

So, I want to encourage everyone who is eligible to
vote to actually do your duty and cast your ballot.
Please make sure every eligible voter you know
actually votes in this critical election.

Please note: I'm asking you to vote, but I am NOT
suggesting _how_ you should vote. Your choice is
a private matter and, I believe, a sacred duty.

I worked for hours to find the most "non-partisan"
links to 'how to vote' and have your ballot count.
In some cases, I regret I was unable to find
pro-voting information from "neutral" parties.

The links below were derived from many sources,
and I believe they are now working. If anyone has
better, or additional information, please send it to
me privately so I can distribute it, if appropriate.
I will not distribute materials which I believe are
partisan, pro-candidate, or that discourage voting
in any way.

Your choice is your duty - citizen choice is what
makes democracy work.

Founding Fathers and the Vote
 http://memory.loc.gov/learn/features/election/voters.html

Federal Voting Assistance Program
 http://www.fvap.gov/index.html

Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot
 http://www.fvap.gov/pubs/onlinefwab.html

National Mail Voter Registration Form (for next time)
 http://www.fec.gov/votregis/vr.shtml

Vote Early (many states allow early voting right now)
 http://www.votegophouse.com/home7005.asp
 http://www.democrats.org/evc/index.html

Find Your Polling Place
 http://www.mypollingplace.com/find.php
 https://electionimpact.votenet.com/declareyourself/pollboothlocator.cfm

Five things you need to know to have your vote count
 http://www.lwv.org/voter/geteducated2.cfm?tid=5things

Voter Information Guide
 http://www.rockthevote.com/faq/

Restoring Your Right to Vote
 http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/restorevote/restorevote.htm

State Election Officials Contact Information
 http://www.lwv.org/voter/deadlines.cfm?pid=contacts

Federal Voting Rights Contact Information 1-800-253-3931
 http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/voting/misc/contact.htm

ADA Checklist for Polling Places
 http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/votingchecklist.htm

Fact Sheet for Self-Advocates
 http://www.govoter.org/FactSheetSelfAdvocates.htm

One-Stop Shop for Voters
 https://secure2.convio.net/lccr/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr008=rn1yv3w9e1.app8a&id=219

Voter Empowerment Cards By State
 http://www.aclu.org/VotingRights/VotingRights.cfm?ID=16408&c=32&AddInterest=1101

If someone interferes with your right to vote,

1.) Write down exactly what happened and the names
of all the people involved.

2) Report the problem to federal and/or state election
officials (above) and to the partisan and non-partisan
groups below. (I couldn't find voter hotlines in most states.)

Report Voting Problems

 1-866-MYVOTE1 1-866-698-6831
 1-866-Our-Vote 1-866-687-8683 (emergency legal help)
 1-877-523-2792 (ACLU Voting Rights Project)

17 State "Voter Problem" Telephone Hotlines

1-866-999-8683 Arkansas
1-877-298-6937 Arizona
1-800-946-3504 Florida
1-800-519-3502 Iowa
1-866-788-8967 Louisiana
1-800-651-8683 Maine
1-866-722-2483 Michigan
1-888-424-2004 Minnesota
1-877-239-8683 New Hampshire
1-877-938-6832 Nevada
1-866-228-1452 Ohio
1-877-640-8811 Oregon
1-800-728-6839 Pennsylvania
1-800-322-1144 Virginia
1-866-947-6557 Wisconsin
1-866-988-6837 West Virginia

I hope this helps (IHTH).

Please, everyone, vote.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> +1 425 788 5337
LISTSERV Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Latex Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/rubber/index.html
Thyroid ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]