THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mary N. Grice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:11:08 -0500
From: "lynda.illingsworth33" <[log in to unmask]>
Is there an optimum time to take thyroxine and also should I split the
dose
between morning and afternoon.

I have been taking thyroxine for many years.   I usually take it first
thing in the morning and then wait at least an hour before eating.  About
a year ago, because of some GI problems which were worse in the morning,
I switched to taking my thyroid medication in the evening (two hours
after or one hour before eating).  In about two months my TSH went from
1.5 to 8.6 (definitely hypothyroid for me).  I immediately went back to
my old regimen of taking my medication in the morning and in a couple of
months, my thyroid panel was normal including the TSH.  So I have
concluded that for me (and this may not apply to everyone) WHEN I take my
thyroid medication matters.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!