CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:40:14 -0600
harry kershner wrote:

> Chomsky has repeated for many years that he believes the three great enemies of democratic movements in the last century have been fascism, Bolshevism, and modern corporatism. Because of this, he has been attacked by members of all three groups, all of whom desire to marginalize both his point of view and him, personally.<

- - -
I suppose I belong more or less to the group identified as "Bolshevik"
here, and I have various disagreements with Chomsky, but neither I nor
people I have worked or carried on correspondence with (nor writers who
I admire) have ever "attackee" Chomsky or expressed any desire to
"marginalize" him. In fact I have always echoed that remark (I forget
who made it first) that Chomsky is a national treasure.

As for the "neo-cointelpro-types who have tried to dominate this group,"
why not simply kick them off the list. Let's not carry democracy to
fantastic extremes. Someone I presume owns this list and we are still
living under capitalism where ownership carries weight.

Carrol Cox