THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:49:50 -0500
Just a quick question for anyone. I returned from my Internist appointment
yesterday. After he looked at all my test results, and listened to my
symptoms, he 1. wants me to have a second Fine needle Aspiration done since
the first one returned as inadequate sample obtained.He also stated that he
feels I have an almost 0% chance of the cyst being cancerous 2.Thinks
according to my symptoms I may be in the early stages of Graves Disease,
but my test results don't really justify being treated yet.
My question:Does this sound right to any of you?
My facial swelling I had in January when my cyst arose ( eye, side of face
& neck)he said he doesn't have an answer for that, and there isn't one in
any medical book. I may have some rare disease he said or it is "just one
of those things that happen".
I'm at the point of throwing my hands up, and saying forget it. Forget the
second biopsy, heck I developed a blood clot in the cyst after the last
Needle Biopsy.I just don't know what to do anymore. Everytime I think about
my visit I'm at the edge of tears and have to fight them back.
I guess sharp jabbing pains in your ankles,sweating at night,bouts of
exhaustion,dry hair, brittle nails,ice cold hands and feet in winter, puffy
swollen hands and feet in summmer...these are all normal things I
guess.Waking up with the feeling of a rush through my body, sometimes my
heart is pounding or I can't get to the bottom of a breathe,bouts of
feeling faint with sweats hot and cold, to the point I have to lay down or
feel like I will pass out, are NORMAL.
If someone can respond....great. If not......oh well, haven't had much luck
in that department anyway.