THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 05:35:34 -0500
Hi Everyone,
I was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism last year. My TSH was 7 at the
time. I was put on .088mcg of Levoxyl and my TSH went to 2.0. I noticed
that I wasn't AS tired and some of the symptoms had lessened but I still
wasn't really feeling like myself. On top of that, it was a very stressful
year personally so I wondered if that could be the cause of some of my
problems.
I recently moved to the UK and they don't have Levoxyl here. I am now on
Thyroxine and the closest they could get me to .088 was .075 (which the
pharmacist says is really like .082) So, I ended up with a TSH reading of
2.7. I left a message with the nurse to say that I think I need to up my
dose of thyroxine ( I was back to falling asleep if I sat for more than 5
minutes, hair coming out in handfuls, cold, shivers, dry skin etc) and the
nurse said that I need to LOWER my dosage of thyroxine. Does this make sense
to anyone? She said to get my numbers lower I need to take less. That is
completely backwards from what I thought I understood. Any advice?
Also, I found that when I hit the 2.7 TSH, (perhaps because I was more aware
of it?) I felt worse than I remembered feeling when it was at 7. Memory
loss, no concentration, extreme tiredness.
Any advice is appreciated. It's been great reading everyone's posts and
knowing I'm not alone. :o)

Patti

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.