THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:28:30 -0800
I'm Hashis/Hypo.  Have been diagnosed since 99, but probably hypo for at
least 2 years longer.  I've been on 4 gr Armour for about 1.5 years now.  I
had LASIK almost a year ago.  I'm wondering if I should have now, as I will
probably  need a "touch-up" in the next month or so.  My eyes have
definitely gotten worse since the initial correction, which was perfect for
about 6 months.  I find this very distressing as the whole point was to be
without additional correction.  I wear glasses for night driving.

If your are fairly stable on dosage and are not experiencing hypO symptoms
you'll probably be okay.  I think my thryoid needs are increasing, which
probably contributes to my problems.  One thing is for sure, if you do have
the LASIK and still find in a year or so that you need glasses, you won't
be facing anything thick/heavy.  the glasses that I use for driving are
incredibly light and comfortable.

- Kevran

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!