THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patricia Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:34:06 -0500
Hi everyone,
I wrote before under the subject "adjusting TSH with meds". Basically, I
was on Levoxyl in the States, moved to the UK, they put me on Thyroxine but
lowered the dose from what I was on in the States (88mg down to 75mg). My
TSH came back at 2.7 (it had started at 7 and we got it down to 2.o in the
US) and the nurse here said that I needed to lower my dose again if my
numbers were up.
I have decided that she is an idiot and I actually spoke to a different
doctor from that office but outside of work. He suggested I request to
increase my dose of thyroxine and to have T4, T3 and thyroid antibodies
tested. I have never had anything besides TSH tested.
So....I went to have all this done and the doctor said that he wouldn't
increase my dose since 2.7 TSH is well within thier normal range of up to
6, and that he wouldn't order the tests because the lab wouldn't do them
anyway.
I explained that I am really feeling bad. I am a full time college student
and a single mom plus I work part time and I am finding it impossible to
stay awake to actually get anything done. Plus my hair is coming out in
handfuls again and dry eyes and skin, dizzyness, very emotional. It's
really the fatigue that's the worst though.
I have also taken my morning temp and it hovers between 97.1 and 97.5
I am completely desperate and asked the nurse to explain my symptoms to the
doc AGAIN and see if he would increase to 100mg but just got the phone call
saying he wouldn't do it. I am considering ordering Biothroid and trying
that just on my own.  Has anyone tried that? How can they sell it over the
counter? Is it really the same as Armour?
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm being made to feel like a drug
addict looking for a fix. I can't believe how these doctors can just ignore
the same symptoms that made them test for thyroid issues in the first
place. Thanks for listening.
    Patti

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.