NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:32:10 -0500
Chevy's chips and salsa are a hit with the kids, too.
I just remembered, the adult buns at Chevy's seem to be toasted and
buttered. The buns are bought from a local (institutional) baker.  My
daughter (with unidentified allergies- honey/ sugar?) all of a sudden
started having reactions to the Chevy's buns. I think it was that the
supplier changed ingredients. As an adult, I order my meal without
cheese, and substituting the regular beans for black beans. You have
to be careful. it's very common for the dish to still come with
cheese sprinkled on top - ugh.

We visited an Olive garden near Cleveland OH, and the waitress
noticed cheese on a pizza and reordered for us even before she
brought it to the table. Marinara sauce (by universal definition) is
milk/cheese- free. Grilled chicken is free of (soy, milk, eggs, nuts,
peanuts), so we have that on the pizza. There's a few bucks extra
charge for the chicken, but it's worth it. I think the waitress has
also brought us the marinara sauce for dipping the breadsticks.