NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:31:40 -0600
I have my son on a tums or tums- like (OSCO/Sav-
on?) chewable calcium supplement. (I don't have
the bottle with me, sorry). It's not the Ultra or
EX, it'sa round bottle and meant to be a calcium
supplement.  my hubby's on the Bone- building
Tums500(but he doesn't have a milk allergy. So I
haven't looked into the ingredients).

[from: http://tums.com/faqs_contents.asp
Are TUMSŪ Kosher?

Yes, TUMSŪ received a Kosher Certificate from
DiamondK Supervision. The following flavors are
certified Kosher Pareve: Peppermint, Assorted
Fruit, Wintergreen, Assorted Mint, Assorted
Berries and Spearmint.]

I also was wondering how people get enough
Vitamin D without drinking milk? I've been giving
my son tuna about 1x/week, but he's allergic to
other fish. I've got trouble with Seasonal
affective disorder, and maybe it's due to vit. D
deficiency.

Recent research has found that many people have vitamin D deficiency.

http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/news.asp?Id=8211&action=print
more articles found in
http://www.kaliszincolor.com/light-therapy.htm