THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:52:46 -0700
My son is scheduled for two surgeries in February -- one for his undescended
testicles that have (within the last year) showed up and the other for a
mole that needs to be removed.  The one for the undescended testicles I am
worried about because I believe him to have thyroid issues that are not
shown correctly in his blood tests (he has a tsh of 2.4 and most recently
had a free T3 that was too high) and of course I am worried that he will
have more risks in the anesthesia if they STILL have not run any tests for
antibodies etc.

Should I try and INSIST that his endocrinologists run antibody testing etc.
on him BEFORE his surgery?  The Psychiatrist I took him to (on their urging
since they thought ALL of his symptoms were psychiatric which of course the
psychiatrist disagreed on) ran the latest thyroid panel that showed the Free
T3 a little too high.  He is not on any thyroid replacement at all despite
what look like to many as pretty clear symptoms.

Early puberty which has reversed, loss of half of his eyebrows, rapid weight
gain, and a sudden stop in height growth --( he used to be the tallest now
he is the shortest in class) not to mention the "bungie ball" syndrom that
he did not have before as well as the muscle tiredness and a change in his
sleeping habits.

On November 15th they had said 3-6 months but that was before surgery was
scheduled.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]