RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:39:30 EST
Dear Wes and Paul,

I haven't been active on this, or any other board for some time, but I read
your exchange, and simply wanted to say that my experience is very similar to
Wes's.

After being extremely ill almost 18 years ago with CFS, Candidiasis, IBS,
sinusitis, and almost 60 allergies, I cleaned up my diet, and in 6 months
eliminated all of the above.  I studied nature, attempting to learn and
follow the most "natural" diet possible for the human body.  After some
research into comparative physiology, it became apparent that humans, like
almost all anthropoid primates, are frugivorous, or primarily fruit eaters.
I adopted a mostly fruit based diet, and watched my own energy and vitality
soar.

Nine years ago, I started a practice teaching other people this information,
and helping them adopt healthier lifestyle choices.  In that time, I have
seen many, many people thrive on a primarily fruit diet.

I agree with Wes that your difficulties with a lot of fruit, Paul, may very
well be due to detoxification.  I see that happening a lot.  My primary role
is in teaching people how to create the highest levels of health, which I do
through lectures and seminars, audios, videos, and written materials, and in
supervising fasts.  I run a residential facility where we fast about 120-150
people/year.

I have found that fasting is an often-overlooked, critical component of
success in transitioning to a raw diet.  You have to clean out the body
completely before it will operate optimally, no matter what you're eating.
Often, my clients just change their diets, and then go through a years-long
detox process, never feeling very well.  Once they come to fast for 3 weeks
or so, cleaning much of the garbage out of their bodies, they emerge
completely renewed, and usually thrive on a raw diet, and best on a
frugivorous diet.  A single fast is usually sufficient to make a huge
difference in one's experience, though it often takes repeated fasts to bring
someone from poor functioning to optimal functioning.

You can check out www.Tanglewood WellnessCenter.com for more info.

Namaste,

Loren Lockman