THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baron chat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 23:13:28 -0700
On May 21, 2005, at 7:34 PM, Skippper Beers wrote:

> My wife does well on timed release T3, I'm not sure why you have to
> be so precise otherwise.  Wilson talks about the jitters, etc. if
> the 12 hour timed release T3 is not taken on time, and that's how
> it affects my wife.

i'm probably gonna switch to slow release in a couple weeks, skipper,
cos i'm feeling the tapering effects.  i do get the jitters if i'm
even 5 minutes late.  so now i have cytomel upstairs, downstairs, in
my car, with my cell phone and a separate timer set at 12 hour
intervals.  it's all within reach.

my temp has increased 1 whole degree in 1 month, so i'm sure this is
the right track.  my pain has dissolved for the most part, and my
brain works a lot better.  still misfires fairly often, but i'm not
in a total haze.

slow release is expensive, though.  do you order it from an online
compounding pharmacy or do you go to a place near you?  what do you
pay?  my cytomel is 35 bucks with insurance for 1 month, and 85 for a
3 month supply.

best,
baron