THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:01:20 -0800
Dear Edward and Thyroid Folks,

>So I did some checking on MedLine today.  Anyone who
>has searched "Osteoporosis and Hyperthroidism" knows

Also, try sending that kind of search to the Thyroid
Archives. We have hundreds of messages that
mention various calcium supplements, for instance,
in our Archives.

Send the message (body)

search calcium in thyroid

or

search density in thyroid

Or, you can do these searches online from the Thyroid
home page, too, of course. <smile>

http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html

I'm partial to a calcium supplement that I just noticed
has never been mentioned on Thyroid:

Calcium CMB (product #180)
from Bronson Pharmaceuticals
1-800-236-3200

It contains calcium citrate malate and calcium
bisglycinate, and some magnesium, too.

[Disclaimer: I have no interest in this product other
than being a satisfied consumer.]

I know of a case where, after "too much" T3 & T4,
the endo was worried that bone density was perhaps
compromised, BUT the tests showed 120% of
expected bone density, after taking calcium
during the same time period that the T3 & T4 were
elevated (enough to surpress TSH to nill).

I do not know if this would work in other cases,
of course, but taking supplemental calcium might
be something to consider...along with eating more
calcium rich foods, like beans.

I wish you all well.

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> +1 425 788 5337
LISTSERV Discussion list owner: Allergy, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html