THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:04:42 -0700
Cheryl :
>. Is my thyroid disorder progressing into lupus?

What I would suggest (my opinion only from my research and some personal
experience) is that it is more likely that it is just extreme thyroid
issues.  I think as long as doctors mainly look at thyroid tests such as TSH
etc. and keep you in these huge ranges without looking at how you feel,
look, function etc. there will be more and more that are diagnosed with
Lupus, with fibromyalgia etc etc.  I think it may also be something along
the lines of people not coverting T4 to T3 and the doctors that prescribe
Armour etc. are becoming fewer and fewer as the doctors that were BORN
before Snynthroid retire etc.

I wish I had the strength to tell the group about my latest bout with a new
endocrinologist in town -- but one of my favorite statements was "I know
what is IN SYNTHROID .... I don't know what is In Armour. "  EXACTLY
Exactly my point.  Maybe what works is the "undefinable thing".  Her nurse
did not even know what Armour was...(when they asked me to list my meds) .
how frightening is that?

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.