CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrea Ihnen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Ihnen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 20:27:23 -0700

I have really enjoyed reading all the responses and appreciate all the help.  Thank you so much.  We are not a gluten free family, but we are very diligent about cleaning thoroughly and avoiding cross contamination.  We've bought separate pans, spatulas, etc.  I've educated my daughter's daycare and looked through her cabinets and feel confident that she knows exactly what foods are acceptable and how to avoid cross contamination.  Before we got the celiac diagnosis, we did some blood work to test for other food allergies, and everything came back normal.  I want to explore this more though and I wrote down a lot of what you guys have mentioned in your responses so I can address it again with the GI doctor.  We did immediately implement a low lactose diet when she went GF and have replaced milk with Pediasure.  I'm curious to see what her blood work shows with the antibody test, but the doctor wants us to wait until we're 6 months post-diagnosis.
  I am just very disappointed that we're not seeing quicker results because although I've heard from a handful of people that it sometimes just takes time, it sounds like most of you saw results within weeks.  Thanks again for reading and for all the support and encouragement.  I really appreciate it, and please let me know if you come up with any other ideas I might be missing.

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *