CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 17:59:45 +0200

Dear listmembers,

It's been a while since I've contributed. I read somewhere that a symptom
is bone pains. So, I wanted to ask all you parents of celiac kids if your
kid has ever experienced bone aches, even on the GF diet. Does that mean
that we are doing something wrong? My son's blood work is fine
(hematacrit, hemoglobin, anti-endomysial) so as far as anti-bodies are
concerned, I assumed I was having him follow the diet 100% (or as close as
can humanly be expected). Now I think maybe it takes a while for
anti-bodies to show up; you also can't have a blood test done every week
and even worse, there are no other symptoms (like bloating, diahrea). My
kid does get nauseous, but that's only in the car on long rides. I can't
be sure that's attributable to CD since lots of non-celiac kids get car
sick. His only complaint (and he is a hypocondriac sometimes) is that he
gets pains in his legs - only in his legs, particularly when he wakes up
after a nap, tho not always.

Also, is it true that the longer you're on the GF diet, if you screw up,
you suffer more? (Meaning that the celiac body becomes more sensitive to
(accidental) gluten ingestion the longer it is GF?)

Anyone have comments or suggestions? I'm open and listening.

Thanks.
Sharon Marcus
Haifa