PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:48:19 -0600
Dear Donald Routh,
   I must disagree that the "coin of the realm" is a peer reviewed journal.
Much of this is boring trivial S***. And, so many things do not "fit" here.
"Peer review" can be both limiting and stifling and inappropriate in other
ways (oppressive).   The "coin of the realm" is good principled empirical
reasoning with good citiations all the way and a good bibliography.  Long
live books.