PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karen Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:08:12 -0600
I tend to agree with Chris.  This list is not really serving my interest in
psychoanalysis.  I was more interested in a clinical focus, as opposed to a
theoretical focus.  Also, responses are often tremendously wordy, and I
don't have the time or the energy to wade through them to distill meaningful
information.

I did post once asking list members' thoughts about psa and intelligence
level.  However, responses quickly became tangential (I thought) and only
one person really bothered to answer what I thought my question was (I don't
remember who it was, but he/she offered research findings on psa and
intelligence level).

I would love for this list to have some more specific clinical focus.  For
example, do any of you have thoughts on/experience with the shared
unconscious space between therapist and patient/client?  I am fascinated
with this phenomenon, and have noticed it particularly with my more severe
patients, such as those diagnosed with Schizophrenia or Delusional Disorder.

Karen Conner, Ph.D.
Illinois State University