CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:47:56 -0700

I haven't had any posts from this list for awhile.  I thought I would
post a listserv for alternative methods of diabetes treatment:
   http://www.onelist.com/searchlist.cgi?searchval=diabetescured&
      %2FimageField.x6&%2FimageField.y=4

I was going to post a reply long ago to Patti about peptides and such.
From things I have been reading lately I have learned that food
preservatives can cause protein maldigestion.  Some other things that
contribute to sluggish bowels would be lack of sunlight (it's
glandularly stimulating) and chlorinated water.  The chlorinated water
kills off the beneficial flora which helps to digest the food leaving
the undigested food for the "baddies".  As a result you get backslog
basically.  The protein malabsorption causes sugar craving which
exhausts the pancreas.  I'm not sure who originated this idea, but I
will try to find out.  I have been starting to do some research on
Medline about gastric processes and diabetics.  Mary Jackson