CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:07:53 -0700
This was forwarded to me.  I do not know if they are all true. Dan

Subject: The State of Texas Ranking

The state of Texas, under the leadership of Governor George W. Bush,
 is ranked:

50th in spending for teachers' salaries
49th in spending on the environment
48th in per-capita funding for public health
47th in delivery of social services
42nd in child-support collections
41st in per-capita spending on public education and ...
5th in percentage of population living in poverty
1st in air and water pollution
1st in percentage of poor working parents without insurance
1st in percentage of children without health insurance
 1st in executions (avg. 1 every 2 weeks for Bush's 5 years)

 Just think of what he could do for the country if he were
 president.