CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:59:10 EST
In a message dated 12/16/99 12:34:22 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>This is just to point out that both malice/hatred *and* reality-based
>concerns can generate rumours. I made my earlier post about the AIDS
>rumours since I'm pretty sure it belongs to the latter category.
>
>If you don't buy that, fine. But please don't make silly responses assuming
>that I or others are unable to distinguish between them as you are.

You also said. "...it's just that I gave up empirical
and "scientific" work about 15 years ago in disgust, and that I do *know*
many similar horrifics done by governments and corporations, but I'm still
damned if I'll create "empirical" evidence to "prove" it. Sadly, I can."

  Since I do not share your aversion to presenting evidence for claims of
specific acts committed,  accepting your "argumentum ad *cognitio*" is not an
avenue available to me.  Therefore, I will accept your advise and not "buy"
into it.
Yours,
Issodhos